Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

2-ton jack with stands

Old 07-28-2009, 06:09 AM   #1
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
2-ton jack with stands

Just saw a 2 ton jack with two stands on sale for $45.99CAN. Good deal or what?
Old 07-28-2009, 06:25 AM   #2
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to be in the market for a floor jack and some jack stands because I don't have them and feel like I should

When I make the purchase, I'll be getting a 5 ton jack. I have just heard not to mess around with the 2 ton jobs.

Sounds like a good deal though....if all you want is a 2t jack.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:38 AM   #3
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Well now you got me thinking, maybe I should get a 5 ton.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:52 AM   #4

Firefighter:
Nope, did some looking around will get the package and two more 2 ton stands.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:54 AM   #5
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Please share.

Do you think 5 ton is overkill? Why? Where did you research?

I'm not speaking from experience but heard to stay with a 5 ton from a family member. This is also the type of person who has to buy the best of everything.

I need the jack and stands so I can rotate my tires.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:58 AM   #6

Firefighter:
I was looking into another thread and the point was: your only lifting half of the truck at once and the stands can hold 2 tons a piece so 8 tons total. So I am thinking this will be good for our trucks and my gfs car. No need for bigger.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #7
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Is that the Canadian tire package? Cause while the jack stands will work, the Jack will not lift your truck high enough to get the wheels off the ground.

Get the Big Red Bottle Jack for like 25-35 Bucks and the 2 ton axle stands for another 20.

That jack works super good real easy to do one handed.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #8

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Is that the Canadian tire package? Cause while the jack stands will work, the Jack will not lift your truck high enough to get the wheels off the ground.

Get the Big Red Bottle Jack for like 25-35 Bucks and the 2 ton axle stands for another 20.

That jack works super good real easy to do one handed.

Thanks for the heads up, I am going to check it out this afternoon.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:32 AM   #9
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
2 tons wont work for lifted trucks...

check out the 3 tons at harbor freight, got my big orange one from there for like 70 bucks. works great.

and 5 ton will work but its a bit of overkill...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=34271
Old 07-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #10

Firefighter:
What height does a jack need to go if you have a 3" lift?
Old 07-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #11
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Dont do it!! i just got fucked buying the craftsman special. its 2 and 1/4 ton with jack stands... the jack barely lifted my truck and the stands were not long enough
Old 07-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #12

Firefighter:
Yeah I just went and looked at them and made the desision not to buy. Will look for something better.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #13
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksRig View Post
What height does a jack need to go if you have a 3" lift?
19" minimum really. To get any kind of clearance for the tires.

I'm on slightly smaller tires with stock suspension (255 65 16) and I use the Motomaster 16" axle stands. You can also improvise with a block of wood or a slab of concrete too for some extra height.