1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what was your first speeding ticket?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by Taco505, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Oct 15, 2009 at 9:53 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    I haven't got one yet. :p

2. Oct 15, 2009 at 9:59 AM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    I was 16. Just got my license a month before. Driving my 99 Dodge neon (Bright red of course) 50 in a 35 in a very well known speed trap on my first day at a new job. Lucky for me, I had a friend in LAPD that asked the officer not to show to court so the ticket was thrown out. Phew! :D

3. Oct 15, 2009 at 3:11 PM
    monoman

monoman Time to get dirty!

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Exotic, San Jose, Cal.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Silver Sky Tacoma SR Access Cab 4X4
    SnugTop SuperSport shell CaliRaisedLED light bar Toyo Open Country AT/3's Bilstein 5100's up front, (#2) & 4600 in rear Daily driver....
    Give it time. I mean, I hope you don't get one, but give it time.:rolleyes:

4. Oct 15, 2009 at 3:20 PM
    Foster9091

Foster9091 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Upperco, MD
    Vehicle:
    01 Doublecab TRD
    deckplate mod, floor mats, hi lift, scanquage, and 2 in front leveling kit
    i got a 79 in a 65 and went to court and got probation for 18 months its up in june

5. Oct 15, 2009 at 4:17 PM
    j_cyrus

j_cyrus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rickman TN
    Just got done smoking a blunt, was driving my 92 V6 Toyota ext. cab. 75 in a 45 at 3:00 AM. I was 16 at the time.

6. Oct 15, 2009 at 4:41 PM
    BobSaget916

BobSaget916 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab PreRunner 4-cyl MT
    Volant CAI Magnaflow Cat-Back HID's 6000k bi-xenon Fog Light Kit mod w/6000k HID's Tinted Tail Lights Kicker CVR 10'' Sub in Super Crew Sound Sub Box Alpine MRP-350 Monoblock Amp Pioneer Premier Head Unit JL 6x9's up front 6.5's in the back Tweets up front Mud Flap Delete 5 over 20% Tint in the back, 20% on the front, 35% on the WS EGR In-Channel Wind Guards Coming Soon -Doug Thorley Headers -Color-Matched Front and Rear Bumpers, Overfenders, Mirrors, Door handles, and Grille -Billet Grille or Mesh Grille -Bilstien 5100's front and rear -OME Coilover Springs -Rear Add-a-Leaf -33's after suspension work is done -TRD Skidplate
    I was 17 years old, my parents were out of town and I decided to take a joyride in my moms Toyota Avalon. Not exactly a sports car but 275hp is better than my tacoma lol. Anyway, my friend and I jump in and are cruising around town at around 10pm hauling ass of course. I passed by a cop doing 130...needless to say he went after me...when he pulled me over he said i was doin 103. It was a 55mph zone but regardless i was over 100mph and anything in the triple digits is bad. He gave me the ticket for wreckless operation as well as the 103 in a 55, and took my license...had to get someone to come drive the car home for me. I was lucky i didnt go to jail, the cars insurance card had expired like 3 days before. Went to court got my license back after about $500 in fines and court fees...6 months with a probation officer. Not too bad i must say it could have been worse but it was a very good lesson for me. I now have a radar detector...Valentine 1. Since i got it i haven't had another ticket. Been pulled over several times but not for speeding lol.

7. Oct 15, 2009 at 4:44 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    My first ticket? That was way too many years ago and I have always been a frequent target of the coppers. :eek: On a good note, I have yet to receive one in my tacoma <knock on wood>. This is my first truck. It mellows me out for some reason.

Products Discussed in

To Top