Niether 4 3.25%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
MRCapps is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: M.R. Capps
MRCapps's Tacoma Gallery
Chevy Silverado or Tacoma S/C

I know its not the best place but please try to be unbiased!

I am at a bit of a delima and wanted to know what you guys think.
I am stuck between buying a mid size or full size truck and have narrowed my options down to either a 2010 Tacoma 4X4 V6 Supercharged DC (mid sized) or The 2010 Chevy Silverado 4X4 LT1 Z71 ext cab (full sized). Both cost pretty much the same and get about the same HP and get pretty close to the same amount of MPG (I am not trying to start another MPG thread). I will be doing about 50/50 off road and on road. which ever one I get will be lifted and given bigger tires. I have heard/read things that I very much dislike about both. i.e. Tacomas rust easily chevys are heavier and harder to manuever. Both seem equal to me but I could be pretty misinformed. Any advice/experience??? Reliability, handling, functionality???? Anything?????

P.s. I added a poll even though I am pretty sure I know how it will look
Old 08-24-2009, 11:31 PM   #2
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Serious question? You know the answers you will get.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:31 PM   #3
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
coat the chasis with an anti-rust formula upon purchase. I think the lighter truck with high horsepower will do you good. At the end of the day though, its all personal opinion (IMO, lol).
Old 08-25-2009, 12:47 AM   #4

Air Force:
MRCapps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
coat the chasis with an anti-rust formula upon purchase. I think the lighter truck with high horsepower will do you good. At the end of the day though, its all personal opinion (IMO, lol).
What about Rhino Lining the bottom? Like an undercoat???? Has anyone done that either?
Old 08-25-2009, 03:19 AM   #5
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCapps View Post
What about Rhino Lining the bottom? Like an undercoat???? Has anyone done that either?
Yes, i have undercoated my underbody (not frame) with 3M rubberized undercoat when i first bought it. And it is still holding up good no chipping or anything. (and i wheel my taco) ,but just keep your underbody/frame/crossmebers and everything clean and salt free, and do check up's every now and then. And fix any spots that you see before they get out of hand. And you should be good. I have had no rust problems with my truck, and i go to the beach and wheel there. But i always shove a water hose down the frame rails and let it run untill the water comes out clear (no sand), and i do this to the crossmembers ect... Speaking of whitch i have a few rust spots i need to fix today, (the dang factory battery leaked acid) on my frame and caused some surface rust!
Old 08-25-2009, 03:39 AM   #6
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
You spelled niether wrong
Old 08-25-2009, 03:52 AM   #7

Air Force:
MRCapps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
You spelled niether wrong
Oops, dang you're as picky as an english teacher!!! So, back on the actual subject at hand.......
Old 08-25-2009, 07:56 AM   #8
SMSgt / 2W091
El Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: IYAAYAS
Name: Beelzebub
El Diablo's Tacoma Gallery
Silverado!
I would always go with the full sized Chevy. JMHO
Old 08-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #9
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
chevy hands down(i hate my taco). do they have that 8 to 4 motor like the dodge does?
Old 08-25-2009, 08:07 AM   #10
SLOH is a jewel in the roughSLOH is a jewel in the roughSLOH is a jewel in the rough

Name: Scott
SLOH's Tacoma Gallery
depends on what you're looking for, i think the taco would hold up better off road and give you more flexability than the chevy will, the chevy could be more practical for daily use or depends on what you do but if you still have fun zipping around and going fast here and there, i think the taco would be a pretty good choice cause the taco SC will be decently faster than the chevy IMO, so if you like going fast or faster and don't need the utility aspect of the chevy than i would say taco
Old 08-25-2009, 08:08 AM   #11
SLOH is a jewel in the roughSLOH is a jewel in the roughSLOH is a jewel in the rough

Name: Scott
SLOH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
chevy hands down(i hate my taco). do they have that 8 to 4 motor like the dodge does?
and yeah they do my friend has an 08 Sierra and he has that
Old 08-25-2009, 08:42 AM   #12
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
tacoma is more reliable

the chevy claims they have the same mileage but its totally bogus my dad just bought one and it doesnt get anywhere near what it claims.

this should be a no brainer... should it not?

buy the taco cause 5 years down the road the taco will be worth twice as much even tho they were the same price new.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:45 AM   #13
c2thegreat is a jewel in the roughc2thegreat is a jewel in the roughc2thegreat is a jewel in the rough

Army: Infantry
c2thegreat's Tacoma Gallery
2010 f150 svt Raptor
Old 08-25-2009, 09:05 AM   #14
The clown has no penis...
smallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to all

Name: Brian
smallcandle's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going over to a chevy forum and see what advice I can get about buying a new DC Tacoma. Be right back...
Old 08-25-2009, 09:10 AM   #16
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
lol. This has to be one of the worst places to post this question. Tacoma, nuff said.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:11 AM   #17
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
lol go to the other forum I want to see what they have to say about their trucks
Old 08-25-2009, 09:14 AM   #18
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
I voted for the Tacoma, solely because the Chevy will not retain its value nearly as well.

Ask me how I know.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:41 AM   #19
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
why?