Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Most expensive car in the world??

Old 01-09-2008, 12:24 PM   #1
08Tacoma is on a distinguished road
08Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Most expensive car in the world??

Whats up everyone, I was just wondering, what do you guys think is the most expensive car in the world???
Old 01-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Bugatti Veyron $1,700,000
Attached Thumbnails
Most expensive car in the world??-060711010.jpg  
Old 01-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #3
quickslick444 is on a distinguished road
quickslick444's Tacoma Gallery
The Veyron is probably the most expensive production car. There are cars that go way over that on Barrett Jackson.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
Big Guns is on a distinguished road
Big Guns's Tacoma Gallery
The original general lee sold for $10,000,000 on ebay. That one takes the cake. Next down is Carol Shelby's super snake cobra. sold for $5.5 million at last years Barrett Jackson.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
The "original" general lee??? Didn't they go through hundreds of those?
Old 01-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #6
Big Guns is on a distinguished road
Big Guns's Tacoma Gallery
Eh, it was one of 27 remaining from the show owned by one of the stars. i saw it on the news. google it. http://www.cnn.com/2007/AUTOS/05/04/...ord/index.html

Also, a bugatti type 41 [Royale] sold for like $11 million or something a while back.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #7
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Guns View Post
The original general lee sold for $10,000,000 on ebay. That one takes the cake. Next down is Carol Shelby's super snake cobra. sold for $5.5 million at last years Barrett Jackson.
I may be mistaken but the Ferrari in Ferris Buellers day off sold for 13 million, I also thought I heard that there are only 5 Ferrari 250 GT's in the world and every year they become more prized, north of 13 million.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #8
Obama can suck-it
TSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the rough
TSUNAMI*22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Tacoma View Post
Whats up everyone, I was just wondering, what do you guys think is the most expensive car in the world???
The most expensive car in the world is the car that isn't paid-for yet.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #9
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSUNAMI*22 View Post
The most expensive car in the world is the car that isn't paid-for yet.
You got that right!
Old 01-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #10
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Most expensive car in the world..... My Tacoma... PRICELESS!!

Are we talking historic cars or new production cars? Saw today that the bugatti isn't the most expensive anymore...it was a luxury car but don't remember the manufacture
Old 01-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #11
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopherl View Post
Most expensive car in the world..... My Tacoma... PRICELESS!!

Are we talking historic cars or new production cars? Saw today that the bugatti isn't the most expensive anymore...it was a luxury car but don't remember the manufacture
Is it a Maybach ?
Old 01-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #12
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I'm too lazy to research it but a while ago Porche made a car on the 911 frame but everything was either aluminum or titanium and i think they only made around 6 because of the production cost. like i said i'm too lazy to look up the details on the specs or its worth but i'm sure its high as hell
Old 01-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #14
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
I'm too lazy to research it but a while ago Porche made a car on the 911 frame but everything was either aluminum or titanium and i think they only made around 6 because of the production cost. like i said i'm too lazy to look up the details on the specs or its worth but i'm sure its high as hell

Are you talking about the 959 from the late eighties? I know Bill Gates has one and they are very rare and very expensive. Here's a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_959
Old 01-12-2009, 10:28 AM   #15
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
i just got the new motor trend and theres a 1961 ferrari 250 gt spyder in it that sold for 10,894,400$ it says it set a new world record for highest price ever paid for an automobile at auction
Old 01-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #16
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
13 years is a long time...

Quote:
The "Gates 959" is an infamous car,[7] one of 337 Porsche 959s built in the mid-eighties, that was imported by Bill Gates to the US in 1987. Paul Allen imported another one, as did Porsche collector Jerry Seinfeld. These cars had not been approved by regulators and had no United States Department of Transportation‎ and United States Environmental Protection Agency‎ approval. The "Gates 959" was stored for 13 years by the US Customs at the Port of Seattle, until regulations were changed to allow "Autos of Interest" to be imported with severe limitations on their use.[7] Gates and Allen both helped pass the "Show and Display" law.[7][8]
Old 01-12-2009, 11:33 AM   #17
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma08MZ View Post
i just got the new motor trend and theres a 1961 ferrari 250 gt spyder in it that sold for 10,894,400$ it says it set a new world record for highest price ever paid for an automobile at auction
Was that US dollars, or Euros?
Old 01-12-2009, 11:33 AM   #18
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAAC3TACO View Post
Are you talking about the 959 from the late eighties? I know Bill Gates has one and they are very rare and very expensive. Here's a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_959
actually i believe thats teh car! i use to have a model of it and it looks the same. i was too lazy (and am about to go to the doctor) to read the whole thing but i'm pretty sure thats it. Good find!
Old 01-12-2009, 11:43 AM   #19
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
The 959 was a one off car for the good ole Group B days of racing. I made a post somewhere here regarding that racing class.

It's a Kevlar/aluminium design body with a twin sequential turbos. It was waaay ahead of it's time when it debuted. It is a most revered car in sports car circles and very rare. The phrase supercar comes from the 959. The run flat tire technology we have today comes in part from the 959 program. Utilizing Denloc tires/rims designed by Dunlop to withstand those speeds that were unheard of for a street car in that era.

FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT FELLAS:

Old 01-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #20
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
^^
I was just thinking... where's that Porsche Mechanic at... he'd know... lol