1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by ph16drive, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Nov 10, 2009 at 1:58 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    They have some sensor kits available.
    http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_sensors.html

2. Nov 10, 2009 at 4:02 PM
    ph16drive

ph16drive [OP] \m/.....\m/

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    08 DC, V6, 4x4, 5-Speed Auto
    Shorty antenna, Pop-&-Lock tailgate lock, Undercover bed cover, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (custom mount), bed mat, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, map light mod, suspension TSB, Billy 5100's all around, Eibach springs, custom fuel tank armor plate, custom cat armor plate, painted front brake calipers, Grillcraft MX upper grill & Hella 500s, ipod adapter, dash pushbutton garage door opener, aux reverse lights, custom ipod nano 4G mount, seatbelt chime mod, custom bull bar w/ (3) Lightforce 140 Lance lights, POR-15 Chassis Coat Black drivetrain, illum 4x4 switch, xtra bed D-rings mod, locker anytime mod, diff breather relocation mod, ABS disable switch mod, Heated seats
    The trans temps are now working. I'm waiting to hear back as to the fix for the mpg. At the moment it appears to be off by a decimal point. I.E. when moderately accelerating from a stop the gauge hovers around 80 mpg as opposed to a more believable 8

I don't think their available yet but very very soon I suspect. Hopefully ForceFedJunkie (Todd) will jump in here. He is from Aeroforce.

I am not sure of the answer here. Hopefully ForceFedJunkie (Todd) will jump in to answer this. I will PM him on the Aeroforce website.

3. Nov 10, 2009 at 4:14 PM
    ph16drive

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    Shorty antenna, Pop-&-Lock tailgate lock, Undercover bed cover, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (custom mount), bed mat, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, map light mod, suspension TSB, Billy 5100's all around, Eibach springs, custom fuel tank armor plate, custom cat armor plate, painted front brake calipers, Grillcraft MX upper grill & Hella 500s, ipod adapter, dash pushbutton garage door opener, aux reverse lights, custom ipod nano 4G mount, seatbelt chime mod, custom bull bar w/ (3) Lightforce 140 Lance lights, POR-15 Chassis Coat Black drivetrain, illum 4x4 switch, xtra bed D-rings mod, locker anytime mod, diff breather relocation mod, ABS disable switch mod, Heated seats
    If you're on the fence about getting one, consider this: the Interceptor gauge tells you SO MUCH MORE about your taco and what's going on with almost every aspect of it than the ScanGauge. Plus it is specific to the Tacoma. There is no "teaching" the mpg and entering how much fuel you filled up with because it is not a generic gauge for several vehicle platforms. My SG is in the basement collecting dust because I have no intention of going back to it.:D

4. Nov 10, 2009 at 4:18 PM
    epa4wd

epa4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Clazzio Seat Covers OR Wheels 40% tint Side Steps KC Fog Lights
    I really like this, I've been looking for something like this other than Scangauge, I hope it works to with the 4cyl. You think you could ask him about us 4cyl owners since you are going to PM him, or PM me his info and I'll email him, however you prefer.

5. Nov 10, 2009 at 4:24 PM
    ph16drive

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    I PM'd him already but I told him to jump on over here (TW) and start answering beginning at post #18. I'm sure he'll get an answer for you as I don't know about the 4 cyls and manual trans's. He's usually online pretty late EST so I would guess there will be some more specific answers soon.

6. Nov 10, 2009 at 4:27 PM
    epa4wd

epa4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Great!, Thanks for the info, I like how you mounted it.

7. Nov 10, 2009 at 4:29 PM
    ph16drive

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    You better be careful, people like to put quotes like that in their sigs.:D

8. Nov 10, 2009 at 4:39 PM
    car15

car15 Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    09 X-Runner
    Any special price for TW members? I would like two!

9. Nov 11, 2009 at 7:37 PM
    forcefedjunkie

forcefedjunkie Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Avon, OH
    Let's see if I can answer some of these questions.

The gauge will be officially available within a week, just need to confirm the mpg calculation, and test a few more vehicles before selling to the general public. It's impossible to try these on every year/model Toyota, but we can infer from our Toyota doumentation which vehicles *should* work when testing others vehicles if that makes sense. The reason this is an issue is that we're not just supporting generic mandated parameters, we've included enhanced stuff like trans temps that do not have to follow rules requiring them to be consistent from platform to platform. Trans temp on Toyota vehicle "a" may not be accessed the same way on Toyota vehicle "b".

If you purchase one of these, and a parameter does not work for some reason that you really want we can easily reflash the gauge after figuring out what is needed to get it to display. There is no cost to do this, other than the hassle of shipping it to us. We have tested these in 3.5 ltr, 4.0 ltr, 5.7 ltr, and 1.8 ltr Toyota vehicles. So far, so good.

I'll see what's required to do a GB here. Hopefully by this time next week I'll be able to run one.

If you already have an external sensor that you would like to connect to one of these, you must first make sure it has a 0-5v ouput, which is the standard for OEM type sensors. Some older style aftermarket units have a very low level variable current output. These will not work, and are not as accurate as the 0-5v sensors anyway. The gauge allows you to enter a conversion (linear) to convert the voltage to specific units such as pressure.

Todd

10. Nov 11, 2009 at 7:49 PM
    epa4wd

epa4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    definitely getting this!

11. Nov 19, 2009 at 8:41 PM
    car15

car15 Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    09 X-Runner
    Thanks! Keep us updated please!

12. Nov 19, 2009 at 8:59 PM
    TRDguyKC

TRDguyKC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    subscribed.... very interested. now anyone know where to get a nice a pillar gauge pod?

13. Nov 20, 2009 at 2:29 AM
    ph16drive

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    Just got word from Todd that he found the mpg calculation error. As far as I know, that's the last hurdle to be overcome.

14. Nov 20, 2009 at 4:52 AM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    now someone needs to make a pod for these
    I have a few ideas ;)

15. Nov 20, 2009 at 5:04 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Does the mileage calculation have a way to compensate for oversized tires?

16. Nov 20, 2009 at 6:18 PM
    eddieEndo

eddieEndo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Fullerton, CA
    Vehicle:
    Scion FRS
    wow i need one

17. Nov 20, 2009 at 6:27 PM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    If I remember correctly, it reads off the OBDII and the computer need to recognize that the tires are bigger. Does Toyota do a reflash for bigger tires?
    I'm only asking because I don't know if that's something Toyota will do.
    My previous experience with GM cars, they will sometimes. Although with my Cobalt SS, the mpg came from other settings and was inaccurate if you change injector size.

18. Nov 21, 2009 at 2:43 AM
    ph16drive

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    There is a percentage adjustment that can be changed to correct it. I haven't done any of this yet because I still have stock wheels/tires and I'm waiting to have the gauge reflashed as they just recently found the mpg calculation error. It should happen this weekend.:D

19. Dec 10, 2009 at 10:51 AM
    ph16drive

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    UPDATE:

The milage calculation has been fixed and Todd (forcefedjunkie) is working on a GB for this gauge. I'm sure he'll have all the details as soon as it's ready.

20. Dec 13, 2009 at 11:05 AM
    Madchild

Madchild Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bloomington MN
    Slim's HID, Tonnau Cover
    this gauge looks pretty sweet. Looking forward to get one

Products Discussed in

To Top