1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by ph16drive, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Sep 16, 2009 at 4:31 AM
    ph16drive

ph16drive [OP] \m/.....\m/

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    08 DC, V6, 4x4, 5-Speed Auto
    Shorty antenna, Pop-&-Lock tailgate lock, Undercover bed cover, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (custom mount), bed mat, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, map light mod, suspension TSB, Billy 5100's all around, Eibach springs, custom fuel tank armor plate, custom cat armor plate, painted front brake calipers, Grillcraft MX upper grill & Hella 500s, ipod adapter, dash pushbutton garage door opener, aux reverse lights, custom ipod nano 4G mount, seatbelt chime mod, custom bull bar w/ (3) Lightforce 140 Lance lights, POR-15 Chassis Coat Black drivetrain, illum 4x4 switch, xtra bed D-rings mod, locker anytime mod, diff breather relocation mod, ABS disable switch mod, Heated seats
    Thanks to Rob (Evil Monkey), I've been working with Aeroforce Technology to get the Interceptor gauge to work with the Tacoma. While the process is still ongoing, I thought I'd share a little bit about it as well as some photos. Here's what the gauge looks like as well as my install . . .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm sure most of you are aware of the ScanGaugeII, which is a single product aimed at many different vehicles. The Aeroforce Interceptor gauge is vehicle specific so that there is no setup of engine size, fuel capacity, and the like. You just plug it in and it knows everything, all you have to setup is what you want to see. You can check my profile for which model Taco I have but that is the vehicle we've been setting this gauge up around. I don't know about a 4-cyl model available yet. I do know that they have it working for an FJ, whether that's still in-process or not, I don't know.

Anyhow, here's a few of the comparisons I've made in the 2 weeks that I've been testing it:

[​IMG]
    *Performance data such as 0-60mph times, 1/4 mile times and the like can be recorded and reviewed.
    **The relay output can be used to output a signal once a parameter reaches a given value or falls below a given value. The easiest example would be, once the coolant temp reaches 200°F, send relay signal to turn fan on.
    ***The LED annunciator lights can be used as warning lights and/or shift lights. They can be warning lights that something has reached a given value or shift lights for example at a given rpm. They can be used to warn about any one given parameter (with a few exceptions).

Remaining items to be completed:
    • I know in the past many have requested the transmission temp and that is possible with this gauge but it is still being troubleshot by Aeroforce ~ it is not operational as of yet.
    • MPG - instantaneous fuel economy is something I haven't found on the gauge yet but it is stated as a parameter that can be shown. I'm still working with Aeroforce to find it - maybe it's just me.
    Here's a short clip (not shot by me) about the gauge:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3F6CV49Rew

As I said earlier, this development is still ongoing (at least for the Taco) but the major hurdles have been tackled. Aeroforce did a lot of work to figure out the Toyota "language" and communicate with it.

Stay tuned . . . updates to follow.

Paul

2. Sep 16, 2009 at 4:36 AM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    Very cool!! I've got a 4-banger though :(

3. Sep 16, 2009 at 5:15 AM
    TacticalBacon13

TacticalBacon13 Sorry for party rockin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Dunk
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra platinum
    baby seat and a muffler
    im very excited for this product. i can wait to see the development on this. roughly how much does this cost. i would love to have one of these installed in my a-pillar.

4. Sep 16, 2009 at 5:24 AM
    ph16drive

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    Shorty antenna, Pop-&-Lock tailgate lock, Undercover bed cover, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (custom mount), bed mat, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, map light mod, suspension TSB, Billy 5100's all around, Eibach springs, custom fuel tank armor plate, custom cat armor plate, painted front brake calipers, Grillcraft MX upper grill & Hella 500s, ipod adapter, dash pushbutton garage door opener, aux reverse lights, custom ipod nano 4G mount, seatbelt chime mod, custom bull bar w/ (3) Lightforce 140 Lance lights, POR-15 Chassis Coat Black drivetrain, illum 4x4 switch, xtra bed D-rings mod, locker anytime mod, diff breather relocation mod, ABS disable switch mod, Heated seats
    On aeroforce website ~ $249

5. Sep 18, 2009 at 8:37 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Very nice. The gauge looks good. I've been monitoring and nagging Aeroforce for a Tacoma gauge for about a year now. :) I saw they had a call for an FJ Cruiser test vehicle and knowing they had the same engine, asked if they could use a Tacoma instead. Maybe we can get a group buy going once they get the kinks ironed out. We could probably get a large group because it should work on the FJ as well.

6. Sep 18, 2009 at 8:55 PM
    BAP_29

BAP_29 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner DC TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100s at 2.5" and Toytec 1.5" AAL Eagle Alloy 063 Wheels on 285/60/18 Cooper Zeon LTZ tires Alpine iDA-X305 Head Unit MB Quart DKD 116 Discus-Line 6.5" Front Speakers (Baffles by Marv) Alpine 6-Disk CD Changer Toyota All-Weather Floor Mats Kobalt Low-Profile Toolbox 13" Wicked Flow Muffler w/ Chrome Tip
    this thing looks pretty cool but i dont think id pay $250 for it

7. Sep 19, 2009 at 7:54 PM
    wolf13

wolf13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    IL
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 4X4 Access cab TRD OR
    TRD Offroad w/Tow package. LEER 100XQ topper, painted grill surround, 08 cup holders, scangauge II
    I will have to keep an eye on this. I had bought a scangauge for my old truck but these are much nicer. If you bought one now, are they updatable when new features are added? If it had the MPG feature enabled, I'd be sorely tempted to pick one up. I suppose theres no indication on just how deep the troubles are to get transmission temp?

8. Sep 19, 2009 at 8:01 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    A couple people on the Impala forums got these and loved them. I contemplated getting one for my SS when I had it but never did then.

9. Oct 28, 2009 at 1:22 PM
    forcefedjunkie

forcefedjunkie Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Avon, OH
    The transmission temperature parameters are working well now. The gauge is pretty much done, mpg calculation needs a tweak or two.

There are two trans temp sensors, anyone know more about these, e.g. their exact location? One appears to be closer to the transmission cooler, it reacts quicker to air movement through the trans cooler. The other seems deeper in the transmission.

ph16drive has verified that the trans temp parameters seem spot on.

Also, there is a knock feedback and knock correction learned value. I'd like to know more about these as well. From what I understand the learned value is a correction made to the base timing based on the past history of knock detection. The Feedback is more of a real time amount of knock. It's hard to find information on these though, anybody have more info or can verify this?

Todd

10. Oct 28, 2009 at 3:57 PM
    ph16drive

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
  11. Oct 28, 2009 at 4:21 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Have you found any info in the FSM?

12. Oct 29, 2009 at 1:42 AM
    ph16drive

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Chris, it was there . . .
    [​IMG]

13. Oct 29, 2009 at 4:06 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Cool...I would have checked for ya, but I was a little busy at the time :)

14. Nov 3, 2009 at 4:01 PM
    car15

car15 Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    09 X-Runner
    I am also interested in a dual gauge setup on the A-Pillar. What info can they display now?

15. Nov 4, 2009 at 2:52 AM
    ph16drive

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    Just about everything. Here's a list going from memory. If there's something you don't see, just let me know.

Temps: ambient, coolant, (2) trans, intake, cats

mpg, mph, rpm, battery voltage, HP, ign advance, knock retard, engine load, throttle %, maf, run time, and many others.

Basically, this gauge can read anything thru the OBDII and display it. There's an annunciator which is the 2 led's that can turn on for any parameter you set. For example, I have mine set to turn on at 4000 rpm. If you have a manual trans, you could use them as shift lights. But and above. They're not limited to rpm, you can set the annunciator for any parameter. Also, the Interceptor gauge can read DTC (diagnostic trouble codes) with ability to clear them. It can also record performance data and play it back.

Check out the website: http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html

16. Nov 10, 2009 at 12:50 PM
    wolf13

wolf13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    IL
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 4X4 Access cab TRD OR
    TRD Offroad w/Tow package. LEER 100XQ topper, painted grill surround, 08 cup holders, scangauge II
    so they got MPG working? does it also have the avg MPG like the scangaugeII does? and transmission temp is now working? awsome, now sorely tempted

17. Nov 10, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    I had an aeroforce gauge on my previous car, I loved it.

18. Nov 10, 2009 at 1:44 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    are these available for purchase yet?

19. Nov 10, 2009 at 1:55 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
  20. Nov 10, 2009 at 1:57 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    okay sweet! Im gonna ask for one for xmas from the wife :D

Products Discussed in

To Top