1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Auto Insurance

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by blake1012, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Oct 11, 2009 at 9:09 AM
    blake1012

blake1012 [OP] Go Braves!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chazz Michael Michaels
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2003 ext cab. tacoma.
    8000k HID's, Weathertech Digital Fit floor liners, Rhino Lined bed, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart wheels, bull bar, step rails, Redline Tuning hood struts, low profile tool box
    Couldn't find any threads on this, so here it goes.

Just bought an 05 4runner for my wife a month ago, and have been using Nationwide. We are looking to change, simply bc Nationwide is too fockin expensive. $280/month for my 03 Taco and her 05 4runner.

The best quote that I have found is from Geico, $120'ish/month

What are y'all using and whats the price range???

just wonderin.....

2. Oct 11, 2009 at 10:14 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    There have been a few other threads like this and the general consensus seems to be that asking this question is useless.

There are SO man variables that unless there are several folks with the same truck, in the same area, and the same age/demographics as you...You won't get any good info.

Like my wife and I pay 148 a month (or less) for the Tacoma, the Scion, and Renters Coverage with some special riders. But we are both 25, in New Orleans, with a long history of insurance with USAA...

3. Oct 11, 2009 at 10:20 AM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    I love my usaa. I pay about 160 a month for my taco and wifes sequoia with full coverage

4. Oct 11, 2009 at 8:02 PM
    otter

otter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    MI
    Vehicle:
    09 4 cyl Reg Cab
    Winner. The only person worth asking the question to is your local insurance broker(s).

I pay about $220/mo full coverage on two cars. $140/mo on my Mitsubishi and $80/mo on the Tacoma. Full coverage low deductibles on both. Not the greatest driving record but have stellar credit, which is keep my rates fairly low (Mitsubishi Lancer is an expensive car to insure due to all the damn idiots driving Evolutions)

5. Oct 11, 2009 at 8:10 PM
    bigyetti

bigyetti Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    asheville, nc
    Vehicle:
    08 taco dc 4x4 short bed
    sirius satilite radio, more on the way when i get more money. oh ya removed the secondary filter
    i pay 150 a month full coverage in nc. and im with gmac. but definetly check your local agent

Products Discussed in

To Top