Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Any Toyota Techs here?

Old 10-22-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Any Toyota Techs here?

Just wondering if there were actual Toyota technicians on the site.

I've been having a problem with a second gen 4runner and I've been to all over the web looking for a solution including Yotatech and ttora.

I have a 1995 4runner with a CEL code 52. Knock sensor circuitry. I replaced the knock sensor and the wire and still get the cel light that goes on and off whenever it feels like it. Should I rewire it directly to the ECU? I've traced the wire and seems to be all good. It's driving me nutz!

Since this is my home forum, I'd figure i'd give it a try here. Any help/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-22-2009, 11:26 AM   #4
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota's 3VZE is a pain. I'm gonna probably take it apart again this weekend and see where that gets me.

Engine cold = no cell
Engine warm plus acceleration = cell
Engine restarted when warm = no cell
Then I hit the gas pedal and back to status #2.