Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

taller jack?

Old 11-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
taller jack?

The jacks I have (both the one that came with the truck and a floor jack) are too short to really jack my truck up now. and its going to be a little worse when i get my tires. so is there a jack that i can get that has higher lift. I know about hi-lift jacks but i dont have sliders or anywhere to use it otherwise id get one of those. right now im stacking wood under or ontop of the jacks
Old 11-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the market for a new floor jack right now, hopefully I can find one with a little more lift than what I have.

I stumbled across this the other day, in the 4th photo he has a jack extension. It would be nice to find one of those I think.

http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24312
Old 11-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 20' stick of 4"x6" douglas fir. I'll sell ya a jack extender... As long as you get the jack centered, this is no problem.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thats pretty much what iv been doing. have to work with what you have.

and that jack extender is pretty sweet. but i dont think it would fit on my floor jack.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #5
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
2x4

You may want to use a 2x4 small cut of wood. Even with my sears floor jack I always use a 2x4 between the frame and the jack. Just make sure you line it up good.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:07 PM   #6

yea. its worked so far. but im also concerned about if i get a flat. I keep some wood in my bed box to help out the jack but it really doesnt work well.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:08 PM   #7

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
The fewer pices of wood, the better. I use a 4x6 with my floor jack, just pay attention when the wood contacts the axle, if it isn't aligned correctly, you'll know it.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
The fewer pices of wood, the better. I use a 4x6 with my floor jack, just pay attention when the wood contacts the axle, if it isn't aligned correctly, you'll know it.
thats why im trying to find a better jack. id like to have the right equipment instead of jerry rigging it.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:18 PM   #9

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
I hear ya. guess most folks who lift, get sliders & bumpers so they can use a high-lift. Isn't there a "better" scissor-lift type jack for this application? What's everyone else who lifts w/o sliders doing??
I'm not lifted (Yet), but sliders and bumper are in-progress, first.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #10
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
I carry the stock jack, just in case and I also carry this http://www.offroaders.com/directory/...ger-X-jack.htm, just in case.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I hear ya. guess most folks who lift, get sliders & bumpers so they can use a high-lift. Isn't there a "better" scissor-lift type jack for this application? What's everyone else who lifts w/o sliders doing??
I'm not lifted (Yet), but sliders and bumper are in-progress, first.
Thats what im wondering? i plan on getting a rear bumpert and sliders in the future but that wont be for a while