1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MR2 owner gets a Tacoma too!

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by munkyfu23, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Nov 26, 2009 at 4:16 PM
    munkyfu23

munkyfu23 [OP] Member

Member:
    It's been a little over a month since I bought my first Tacoma at the stealership...yeah, it was an impulse buy, but I've wanted one for a while now. It's the v6 pre-runner with 4 doors...and it's black, just like my mr2. I love black!
    I am a mk2 mr2 owner; have been for 9 years. The "2" is my baby. I've put stupid amounts of money into it...my justification? I just tell non-car enthusiasts that "all that work and money is wasted if you sell it", which I never will.
    Here's what's on my mind...do I treat the Tacoma exactly like my 2? For instance, I never park the 2 where people will door ding it, rub against it, where it's out of my sight at work. I don't let the doors swing all the way open by themselves cuz for some reason I think it's hurting the 2. I won't let anyone eat in the 2. I cringe when anyone's shoes touch any part of the interior except the floor mats. Or when someone leans against the 2, I check to see if they have any buttons on the back of their pants/shorts or whatever...basically no metal touches the paint of my vehicles. Once a teenager spit on the 2...he pissed his panties as I talked to him.
    Here's where I don't think I would treat them the same, mind you...I won't drive the Tacoma like I drive the 2. The 2 is definitely quicker/faster than the Tacoma. Obviously, both are made for different purposes...however I've had many idiots try to think that their truck is faster than the 2; Titan's, F150-350's, Silverado's, Tundra's...I don't understand...I cruise in the Tacoma. BUT I can't wait to take it off-road, where the 2 doesn't like to be, although one time it HAD to be.
    My girlfriend says I have problems...I think I do too...I just want to see who else is crazy. Can't things just stay new forever?

"hi, my name's Rod. I've been a Tacoma owner for a little over a month" :goingcrazy:

2. Nov 26, 2009 at 4:21 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Welcome. Congrats on the new truck. Do you have any pictures of your "2"?

I don't think you're TOO crazy you just respect your things and take good care of them. haha

3. Nov 26, 2009 at 4:26 PM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    x2 I don't think your crazy, a car is one of the bigest investments you'll make. Be sure to protect it

4. Nov 26, 2009 at 8:05 PM
    munkyfu23

munkyfu23 [OP] Member

Member:
    [​IMG]

I'm doing this solely from my g1 phone...if it doesn't work, I'll try it again.

5. Nov 26, 2009 at 8:05 PM
    munkyfu23

munkyfu23 [OP] Member

Member:
    double post, yay me!

6. Nov 26, 2009 at 8:17 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    :drool::drool::drool::drool:. I bet it sounds so sexy.

7. Nov 26, 2009 at 8:50 PM
    dunkhi

dunkhi CSULB socal

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Sirois
    Southern California. Fountain Valley
    Vehicle:
    09 Ivan Stewart
    Toytec Coilover kit. Bilstein's 5100. Alcoa Wheels. General Tires. Magnaflow Cat-back. BLHM. Yellow fogs. 13TW5 jl sub. Stewart Decals.
    haha yea be respectfull but dont baby the thing. its a taco! any taco is up for a little punishment from time to time ; )

8. Nov 26, 2009 at 9:56 PM
    munkyfu23

munkyfu23 [OP] Member

Member:
    It's bassy. Sets off car alarms, but isn't ricey. Heheh...the last time I got pulled over, it was because my license plate lights were out. I didn't receive a ticket, but he did lemme know that my exhaust was shaking his car. :D

9. Nov 27, 2009 at 6:00 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    Haha. Nice.

10. Nov 27, 2009 at 10:47 AM
    munkyfu23

munkyfu23 [OP] Member

Member:
    Thank you. Do you mean the Tom's scoops? You know to be honest I used to think those were cool, but I like the plain look. Also, the way the 2 is built, the majority of air is getting pushed in through the side inlets, hence the reason the intake is positioned right next to the left inlet and the intercooler is on the right side inlet. The hot air is pulled up through the engine cover slats by a vortex; very intelligent design.
    I can't wait to see pics of another 2! :D

11. Nov 27, 2009 at 7:07 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    welcome to tw. i have seen some durmax's that are soo freakin fast. but your rite a truck is mainly ment for a different purpose then a car

12. Nov 28, 2009 at 11:11 PM
    munkyfu23

munkyfu23 [OP] Member

Member:
    Yeah! The silver one's definitely an eye catcher, a little too much for me though haha! But the TRD 2? I'd take that one in a heartbeat. My dream is two '98's, hardtop and black. One that's got a Beams 3sge for dd reliability and the other for raceday. >=D

13. Nov 28, 2009 at 11:16 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    You treat your 2 jus like how I treat my Roo:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Dec 7, 2009 at 10:23 PM
    munkyfu23