Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

What do you want on a new Tacoma?

Old 01-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #21
Soundwave has a spectacular aura aboutSoundwave has a spectacular aura about

Soundwave's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with pretty much all the suggestions on here, but how about some pretty simple basic stuff that any vehicle in this price range should have...

-a locking glove box
-locking center console
-heated mirrors
-a stereo system (I know they say it comes with one, but I can barley hear it!!!)
-the 2.7L 4 banger that they use in the Highlander (it puts out about 24 more HP)
-The new V6 in the 4runner and FJ (why do those models get it and Tacomas don't?)

I still would but a Tacoma over any other compact-midsize truck
Old 01-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #22
Proud Tundra *****
oofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
oofy15354's Tacoma Gallery
i assume we will get the new engine choices with the new model. it will be disappointing if we dont
Old 01-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #23
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oofy15354 View Post
i assume we will get the new engine choices with the new model. it will be disappointing if we dont
x2 i think theyre prob gonna replace the 2tr with the 1AR....the only thing is tho that it revs higher and prodces tourque at a little higher rpm

a 3UR-FE would be nice as well....lol
Old 01-08-2010, 05:50 AM   #24
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
beefier bumpers, or atleast an option for one
Old 10-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #25
Jhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Jhodgman's Tacoma Gallery
They need to bring back the lock on the gas cap door. specially with gas at 4 bucks a gal.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #26
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
diesel option.
a freakin lever to put the transfer case into 4x4.
leather seats.
better MPG with the gassers.
a sturdier tailgate.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #27
jamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nice
Name: james
jamesinkeys's Tacoma Gallery
two years waiting

My bullet proof 95 Montero 4x4, has rear coil spings, front and rear disc brakes, huge moon roof, bought new. Boxed coated million mile frame...built for real mondial travel. Has close to 200,000 last ten years in Central Mexico, still with orig.shinny paint, nice interior.. Normal mile maintenance, tires, batt, alt. and that's it. Love the Tacoma pickup dcsb hope to have the same features and reliability. B.t.W. last good Mits Montero was 03...I.M.H.O.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #28
Pearcem87 will become famous soon enough
Marines:
Pearcem87's Tacoma Gallery
Metal Bed (Composite isn't bad, but would prefer metal)
Heated Mirrors
Second front tow hook
Locking tailgate
Hanger on the inside of the gas lid for a cap (ridiculous, I know, but it bothers me that there is not one)
Locking glove box and console
Old 10-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #30
HHogrider will become famous soon enough

Army: SFC, Field Artillery
Name: Mark
HHogrider's Tacoma Gallery
Hilux diesel option at least 40 mpg with EMP protection, front axle, no rake, 33" tire option, lockable gun rack (at least 29" for a collapsed short barrel M4) and Zombie Bugout decals. Mostly serious up to the tires!!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #31
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
What do you want on a new Tacoma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHogrider View Post
Hilux diesel option at least 40 mpg with EMP protection, front axle, no rake, 33" tire option, lockable gun rack (at least 29" for a collapsed short barrel M4) and Zombie Bugout decals. Mostly serious up to the tires!!
2013 Double Cab SR Diesel Hilux is rated at 8.3 litres / 100 km or about 28 US MPG

http://www.toyota.com.au/hilux/featu...uel-efficiency
Old 10-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #32
HHogrider will become famous soon enough

Army: SFC, Field Artillery
Name: Mark
HHogrider's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
2013 Double Cab SR Diesel Hilux is rated at 8.3 litres / 100 km or about 28 US MPG

http://www.toyota.com.au/hilux/featu...uel-efficiency
I could live with 28. Thanks OZ-T. I could always take residence in Australia but then diesel is probably over $2 USD per liter there!!