Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Just saw this pre-production truck...

Old 01-14-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
lawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nice

lawnrevenge's Tacoma Gallery
Just saw this pre-production truck...

I just saw this truck at the Target in Ontario California. I have no idea what it is, just that it is ugly and car like with a very short bed. No symbols to speak of but the hood and tailgate had a circular spot for a logo. Wonder if it is a Chinese or India pickup?

Sorry for the crappy phone pics.

Has a manufacturer plate on the back.

Side note, I helped engineer the shopping center this photo was taken in.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
i think both ford and gm have a ute that looks like that overseas.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
wtf is that new hilux?
Old 01-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #5
dlthunder has a spectacular aura aboutdlthunder has a spectacular aura about
Name: Dan
dlthunder's Tacoma Gallery
Reminds me of the Pontiac Aztek
Old 01-14-2010, 08:23 PM   #6
VanCity Taco.
ilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to behold

ilg's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it's most likely an import from overseas. I don't think (most of) the north american market would be interested in buying something that looks like that...
Old 01-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #7
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
This is a repost from a few weeks ago. Someone answered it and it is a common car in a different country.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #8
lawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nice

lawnrevenge's Tacoma Gallery
You have a link? I'd like to know what it was I took pictures of tonight.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:21 PM   #11
Grease Monkey
TRDsport2010 has a brilliant futureTRDsport2010 has a brilliant futureTRDsport2010 has a brilliant futureTRDsport2010 has a brilliant futureTRDsport2010 has a brilliant futureTRDsport2010 has a brilliant futureTRDsport2010 has a brilliant futureTRDsport2010 has a brilliant futureTRDsport2010 has a brilliant futureTRDsport2010 has a brilliant futureTRDsport2010 has a brilliant future
Marines: Motor Transport Mechanic
Name: Corey
TRDsport2010's Tacoma Gallery
Im gonna have to go with pontiac. The front nose looks kinna like a pt crusier hood
Old 01-18-2010, 11:25 PM   #12
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #13
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
What type of plate was on the back and from what state.
I see Toyota test mules in OC all the time and it always cracks me up to se MFG plates from Michigan on them.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:19 AM   #14
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Front grill reminds me of the mazda 3.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:29 AM   #15
09BlkSport is on a distinguished road
Name: Rick
09BlkSport's Tacoma Gallery
I just got back from mexico and this looks like a crew cab version of a truck (if u can call it that) they had all over, i believe it was a gm.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:31 AM   #17
Blue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Gregg
Blue Ten's Tacoma Gallery
Not again!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:32 AM   #18
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Based on the round emblem mounting spot on the front of the hood, my first guess was Holden (GM's Australian division). However, I noticed in the last picture that the steering wheel was on the same side as ours. I can't think of another car company besides SAAB that uses a round emblem. I know pickups are popular in Taiwan, so maybe it's from there.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #19
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
You would'nt catch me dead OR alive in that crap!! That's one ugly car/truck!!