Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

colors

View Poll Results: Which color do you prefer for a 2010 Dbl-cab Taco-TRD/off road?
Silver 17 47.22%
Black 19 52.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
wildforager is on a distinguished road
wildforager's Tacoma Gallery
colors

OK gang, I decided on all the options I am getting for my new 2010 Tacoma dbl cab. Now I just have to decide if I want black or silver. Any suggestions? How about a vote?
Members for Black:
Members for Silver:
Old 01-24-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Black IMO. Maybe set up a poll?
Old 01-24-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
VanCity Taco.
ilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to behold

ilg's Tacoma Gallery
Silver does not show the dirt and scratches as much, but I am personally not a fan of it. I say black if I had to choose between only those 2.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
Newbee
MNTaco is on a distinguished road

MNTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Silver, for the comments made above. I'd never own a black vehicle.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you live? I would never own a black vehicle here in NC. The summers are hot as balls.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #6
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Silver. Just FYI though, nowhere makes rattle can spray paint for it. You have to have Napa specially mix you a vat of it. So instead of $10 it's $30.

But I love silver, reflects the heat, looks fucking space age, hides dirt well, hides scratches well. Easy to see at night.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:55 PM   #7
Thanks. I was leaning more towards silver. I like the space age look as well.

I live in VA, and it gets very hot in the summer here as well. I've never owned a black car, but had a silver civic for years and love the color, and its impressive ability too always look clean.

I went to the dealer this weekend and looked at the black 2010 Taco. I noticed it has like a flaky brown tint in it. It is not jet black. This is one reason I am not sure about it. Looks kinda odd.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #8
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you already know what you want. I had a Silver Corolla before I got my truck, so I can totally sympathise with you.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #9
Palmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant future

Army: U.S. Army
Name: Pete
Palmetto Pete's Tacoma Gallery
I chose silver for the same reasons, hides dirt and scratches well. Plus I just think it looks real sharp.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #10
Newbee

MNTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you just need to go with Silver. No need to do the poll.

Don't look back - it's the right choice.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #11
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Dust and Desert Pin Stripes show up to easy on black so I voted Silver
Old 01-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #12
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I like black, but I like silver better. The scratches aren't as noticeable.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #13
On my second taco now....
astral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
astral's Tacoma Gallery
I like black over silver, but Mag Grey over both!
Old 01-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #14
str8up50 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: will
str8up50's Tacoma Gallery
Never Again

I just got rid of my black truck....never again...It looks good when its clean, but thats a DAILY ritual. Swirl marks, scratches, etc...all come out on a black vehicle
Old 01-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #15
Well, it looks like black one out in the polls. Its a good thing too because the dealer did not have any silver 2010 Taco's in stock so I had to get a black one. Not to worry, I think it looks very sharp. WAHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO, I'm now a TACO owner!!!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #16
Newbee

MNTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #17
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats brother!!! Now on come the mods!!
Old 01-28-2010, 08:37 AM   #18
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Get a silver Tacoma. I wish I got silver. I love how it looks with every thing blacked out. My black paint is soo hard to keep looking nice. It might be easyier if it's going to be parked in a garage.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #19
CAPS CAPS CAPS!
asphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, B Co, 1st BN, 6th MAR ('93 - '97)
Name: Jason
asphaltpilot's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a little extra time for detailing and washing, get the black. There's nothing better looking than a clean black truck. Silver is plain, boring, and every other person has one.