LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Chevy Tahoes

Old 01-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
AlphaPlanner
thestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
thestrangebrew's Tacoma Gallery
Chevy Tahoes

My wife and I went to the local Chevy dealer to take a look at some Tahoes. With the new baby and all, we're looking at something bigger for the kids and our own sanities. Anyone have one? What are your thoughts on them? Experiences?
Old 01-28-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
well,my family has......was die hard chevy folks.my bro and i both drive toyotas now.(Dad still likes them)chevys have soooooooooo many problems we just could not afford them anymore.besides not knowing when and where they were going to break down.they are known for intake gaskets/trannys and fuel pumps going out.my 99 tahoe with 78,000 miles broke the gear on the distributer and blew plastic chunks all threw my motor.threw codes in the computer,blew a cat in the same epposode.last straw for me.they are somewhat cheap to fix but i dont have time to be working on my ride all the time.now we have had some that were great but all in all,pos imo.good luck.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
Umm, a lot of people have them around here, and i think they are super nice.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #4
ROOTIN AROUND
08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of

Army: BNCOC SGL
Name: Joshua
08TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
I like the new tahoe's but my four dour TACO does the job
Old 01-28-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
ajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ajviper7's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a brand new Z71 tahoe in 2004 and kept it for a little over 2 years and 50,000 miles. I never had a problem with it and thought it was a great vehicle. I haven't heard anything bad about the news ones yet either.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #6
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
At work not too many customer have Chevys except for commercial accounts. One customer does have an 07 Tahoe and she had to replace the fuel pump when it only had 15k miles! Luckily it was under warranty. Idk about the newer Chevy trucks but the older ones, almost guaranteed will have a coolant leak from the intake manifold and you will eventually have to replace the fuel pump. Oil leaks all over the place, driveability problems, blah blah I could go on for a while.

My boss has an 08 H3 (he's die-hard CHevy guy) and fromday one the belt chirps like crazy when cold then when it warms up it goes away, ridiculous. Also the truck only has 1000 miles on it and both wheel speed sensors on the rear axle are leaking. Good thing it's still under warranty.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:02 PM   #7
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I got my die hard chevy loving wife to buy a Toyota sequioa and she will never go back to chevy!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #8
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
I had on '05 Tahoe...It was nice but I hated the 3rd row seating. If you have kids, it's a pain in the ass because they don't fold into the floor.

I would go with a Sequoia.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #9
AlphaPlanner
thestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud of

Thanks for the input. We're just starting all the research, so it'll be a little while. I think we're going to look at Sequoias next in the coming few weeks.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #10
chilic82 will become famous soon enoughchilic82 will become famous soon enough

chilic82's Tacoma Gallery
Take a look at the 2010 Honda Pilot. I just bought one for my family and we love it. We looked at Tahoe, Exp. and Highlander. It does everything we need and more, plus will have excellent resale value. Check it out, you just might like it.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #11
AlphaPlanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilic82 View Post
Take a look at the 2010 Honda Pilot. I just bought one for my family and we love it. We looked at Tahoe, Exp. and Highlander. It does everything we need and more, plus will have excellent resale value. Check it out, you just might like it.

This was another option we were considering. I kinda like the way they look compared to the Tahoe. If only my wife liked Tacomas lol
Old 01-30-2010, 07:52 AM   #12
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilic82 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangebrew View Post
This was another option we were considering. I kinda like the way they look compared to the Tahoe. If only my wife liked Tacomas lol
This the SUV we have now, 2009 Honda Pilot Touring 4x4.

In the last 6 years I have owned 5 different SUV's. Here's my take on them.

- 2005 Chevy Tahoe LT 2wd (Great truck but the 3rd row seating was a hassle and the interior seemed very cheap to me.)

- 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE V6 (Hated this SUV, very cheap interior and had small interior space.)

- 2006 Nissan Armada LE 2wd (We had for 2 years and it was a lemon, Nissan bought it back. I had it in the shop over 20 times in the 2 years I had it.)

- 2008 Nissan Armada LE (We had it for 1 year and again another lemon! They could not fix the airbag system. They changed out the computer twice making it a lemon)

- 2009 Honda Pilot Touring 4x4 (I really like this SUV, gets decent gas mileage, has plenty of room, high re-sale value. Mine is fully loaded and I paid just about $36k for it.)

We looked at the Sequoia but I could not justify paying $48k+ for a fully loaded Limited 2wd (comparable to the Pilot "Touring" 4x4). Some say the Pilot is FUGLY and BOXEY but like any vehicle you can modify them with wheels, tint, etc.

Here's mine

I added the OEM premium running boards, OEM chrome front grille, OEM front & rear aluminum trim, OEM moonroof deflector, tinted windows, HID lights and weathertech liners. Next is wheels/tires.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:59 AM   #13
akyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud of

Name: Ryan
akyota's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the wife a 09 Highlander and were real happy with that!! Not a big chevy fan...
Old 01-30-2010, 08:16 AM   #14
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
BMW SUVs, Hummers and GMC Envoys are all we had as SUVs. All great SUVs. The Envoy was very nice, especially the XL.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:34 AM   #15
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
We have two kids in car seats. I have the four dour Taco and my wife has a four door Civic. We do just fine. We road trip in both vehicles. At times have wanted more space but never have needed more space.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #16
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
We actually settled on a Volvo 2008 XC90. Seats 7 and has third row seating. WE looked at Pilot, Highlander, Mazda CX9 and Forester. My wife loves the Volvo. Tahoes are nice, but very pricey.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #17
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
good choice!!!
Old 08-22-2010, 02:52 AM   #18
Textbook Fucking Mental
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Did you ever consider the 4runner?

Just watch the volvo, maintaince/repair is going to run a little more.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:10 AM   #19
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
You forgot: Water pumps, Wheel bearings, You said leaks. Add ten more leaks to that list. Sieve. Plastic parts will self destruct. The doors will screw up constantly. Not even close to be worth the cash they want. There looking at making cash on the repairs you'll be making in short order.

Don't think so? If you see a auto driving down the road making odd noises look at who makes it? Bet it's a GM or a Chev. Although I did see today a guy blew his who knows transfer case, man it was loud. A Jeep wagon. He drove away it was making tons of noise and a Ford later that sounded like it was going to die real fast. If he drove by a cop he would have got stopped. Something dead in the drive line.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:28 AM   #20
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Do have to say my cousin has a Honda pilot and she loves it!!! But than again she is a soccer mommy!!!

Products Discussed in this Thread