Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Ford Raptor FAIL!

Old 02-01-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Ford Raptor FAIL!

as i do every year, i attended the Washington DC Auto Show. it's always fun to look at the new stuff everyone has, as well as their classic and exotic cars display. i stopped by ford to check out the raptor and see what it looks like in person. gotta say that the fox shocks are sweet, but then i looked under the truck and found a pretty signifficant fail. the fox COs up front give it about 3 inches of lift over the stock f-150. they had to figure out how to mach that in the rear.....so, they used the stock f-150 3 leaf pack, looks even weaker than our stock packs.....and on top of that, to match the lift up front, they are using a 3 inch lift block here's a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Raptor FAIL!-dscf6137.jpg  
Old 02-01-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
thats sucks ASS .... FORD=Fail IMO
Old 02-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #3
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
that block job looks like it was made out of wood and not even centered on the perch
Old 02-01-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
misterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud of
misterquad's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!!! (note the sarcasm)

My wife just asked me if we could get another Expedition and I was just about to logon to the Ford site to take a look at them. I wanted her to get the Sequoia. Now, I am pretty sure I am going to talk her into the Sequoia.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:53 AM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Look at the rust forming already too.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #6
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
I still like em'
Old 02-01-2010, 08:55 AM   #7
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterquad View Post
Nice!!! (note the sarcasm)

My wife just asked me if we could get another Expedition and I was just about to logon to the Ford site to take a look at them. I wanted her to get the Sequoia. Now, I am pretty sure I am going to talk her into the Sequoia.
The Sequoia is one hell of a truck go for it
Old 02-01-2010, 08:55 AM   #8
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
wow, way to skimp out on a 40K truck...not worth it.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:56 AM   #9
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Look at the rust forming already too.
indeed, here's another picture of the suspension, look at the rust on a brand new truck
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Raptor FAIL!-dscf6136.jpg  
Old 02-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #10
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Raptor thread!!!

Old 02-01-2010, 09:00 AM   #11
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Yikes... I'd expect a quality 7 or 10 leaf pack.

The raptor is a great concept - hopefully they'll fix it next year. They were probably trying to keep the cost down on the truck.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:02 AM   #12
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
r - a - p - t - o - r
Old 02-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #14
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Thats ridiculous. If you are going to spend that much, why wouldnt you spend the extra $500 or so and get a full leaf pack? I will admit that out of all the Raptor threads, this one at least brings some useful information.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #15
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
Yikes... I'd expect a quality 7 or 10 leaf pack.

The raptor is a great concept - hopefully they'll fix it next year. They were probably trying to keep the cost down on the truck.

Yea, they did a great job keeping it at a mere $40k
Old 02-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
Thats ridiculous. If you are going to spend that much, why wouldnt you spend the extra $500 or so and get a full leaf pack? I will admit that out of all the Raptor threads, this one at least brings some useful information.
yeah, i debated posting this for that reason. i'm tired of seeing all of the "is the raptor capable" and "look at this thing", threads, but i figured this had a little value to it.