Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Anyone have a Subaru?

Old 02-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have a Subaru?

i was thinking that i might try to buy an impreza wrx when i get to college. or out of college. for now my dads keepin the taco.and instead i get like an 04 ford explorer. "big red" so if you got a subey post it.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
My friend has the newer 2008 WRX STI, it's very fast and functional. There has been absolutely no issues with his and I have known several other rex owners that had no problems either.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
nice. i learned stick on my reg cab. and i like manuals. but mine seems really clunky. itd be nice to have a car that manuals are actually preferred on. sporty haha. do they last a long time?
Old 02-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Almost all of my friends in Wichita drive Subaru's, and will never drive anything else. The WRX is a fun, fun car, and I think if taken care of will be very reliable. Like anything, the more power mods you do, the more chance you take.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
Almost all of my friends in Wichita drive Subaru's, and will never drive anything else. The WRX is a fun, fun car, and I think if taken care of will be very reliable. Like anything, the more power mods you do, the more chance you take.
Well said, those new rex's stock have more than enough power. I have only heard of one person having issues at 80k miles, but he was also stage 2 and absolutely used that car. As long as you stay within reason and don't hammer it everywhere it should last you awhile.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #6
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
I dont have a wrx myself but my cousin does. He loves that thing and its hella fast and its stock. I heard the tranny in the stis are like impossible to break but i here good things about them nothing bad except alot of people dont like the new look of the sti haha. But i noticed whoever had a wrx always had there foot on the pedal to the floor in the end its a good car as long as u take care of it good luck!
Old 02-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #7
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
haha hopefully when i get one im not a male 25 and under
Old 02-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #8
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-rev View Post
Well said, those new rex's stock have more than enough power. I have only heard of one person having issues at 80k miles, but he was also stage 2 and absolutely used that car. As long as you stay within reason and don't hammer it everywhere it should last you awhile.
WTF is stage 2? is this Gran tourismo the video game or something? There is no such thing as a "stage 2" vehicle. That annoys the shit out of me when people say that.

Sorry just a rant..pet peeve of mine.

Subies are good cars. I have quite a few friends who have/have had them. One buddy of mine hit a record about 4 years back for most power on a stock EJ20 bottom end. 407 AWHP

I have another friend who is a car dealer and he buys and sells a lot of them. They move pretty quickly, pretty high demand.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #9
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
my cousin said that insurance wasnt bad they counted it has a 4 door sedan but the turbo might have killed it haha
Old 02-01-2010, 07:30 PM   #10
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
haha thats why i thought that a wrx impreza would be nice. brand new they are like 25k with a couple add ons. for the 5 door version. a little cheaper for the 4 door.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #11
No way, get real
silvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
silvertaco82's Tacoma Gallery
had a 99 impreza they are great cars!
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone have a Subaru?-new1-334.jpg   Anyone have a Subaru?-new1-323.jpg  
Old 02-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #12
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
I have a bone stock 2005 WRX (Euro-spec) and I love it! It saves gas when I run under boost (vacuum) and it hauls ass when I want to feel excited:
Old 02-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #13
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Out of curiousity, why a WRX? Looking for a something fast? AWD? Good luck on insurance...
Old 02-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #14
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
i have an impreza as well - great car. and virtually problem free. 118k and still going strong. subby's are a lot like toys, treat them right and they will last forever.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #15
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
i was planning on getting maybe an exhaust and thats it. not really goin for high power because i think like 265 hp is enough. just want a ride that is fun reliable and can get up and go.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #16
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
WTF is stage 2? is this Gran tourismo the video game or something? There is no such thing as a "stage 2" vehicle. That annoys the shit out of me when people say that.

Why do you say this? I'm not arguing with you, because I really don't know, but I'm interested as to why there is no such thing as a Stage 2. A lot of the Subie guys I hang around talk about Stage 2 upgrades all the time??
Old 02-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Out of curiousity, why a WRX? Looking for a something fast? AWD? Good luck on insurance...
I'd agree with this to a certain extent. You might look into the Legacy. You can get a turbo one, and they are bigger and more comfortable. Insurance will probably be cheaper too.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #19
No way, get real
silvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
silvertaco82's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry but i wouldnt want a legacy seems like a housewife car not for a young kid. Hell if you got the money get an sti that might be fast enough for you
Old 02-01-2010, 07:41 PM   #20
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post

Stage II refers to tuning... For example Cobb offers several staged packages... Too lazy to google but its popular..