LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Anyone hear about this toyota recall?

Old 02-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone hear about this toyota recall?

just kidding. but does anyone else think this is being exploited by the government to attract buyers to the big 3?

i mean come on this is so out of hand. every news station covers this story every hour. their even recalling 1997 vehicles? why didn't they recall the past 13 years?

idk about you guys but it seems like this is the opportunity other car companies have been waiting for to attract more customers.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:38 PM   #2
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
If it turns out to be very minor cases of sticky pedals, then yes..

However, if it turns out Toyota has no idea what's causing it and they're just progressively pointing to one part after another then the amount of attention is warranted.

Even worse is if they come out later to admit that there's software glitch in the electronic throttle system. So no, not the floor mats, not the pedal assembly...
Old 03-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
what 97's are being recalled and for what?

cause on my truck ... the clutch braket is known to go thru the firewall (mine appears to have been replaced)

and there were recalles for other stuff but when i went to the dealer shortly after getting mine they ran my vin and said nothing came up for it