Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Kelley Blue Book drops price on recalled Toyota models

Old 02-03-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Kelley Blue Book drops price on recalled Toyota models

They have dropped the price 1-3% and may drop it up to 5% depending on how Toyota handles the recall

http://www.app.com/article/20100203/...-Blue-Book-cut
Old 02-03-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
ROOTIN AROUND
08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of

Army: BNCOC SGL
Name: Joshua
08TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
awesome ... I loke having shitty resale value just b/c I have a toyota..even if My truck is not recalled
Old 02-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
damn.. I just bought an 03 Taco.. one major selling point - high resale value. FML
Old 02-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
Who gives a fuck, supply/demand determine the price...not Mr. Kelly Blue Book. Do they think they ARE the economy now or what. I would tell them to shove their statement up their where the sun don't shine.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ywen View Post
damn.. I just bought an 03 Taco.. one major selling point - high resale value. FML
I think us 1st gen owners are gona be fine, I'd even say lucky. with all the first gen's with rust being pulled off the road, there are less to choose from, and with people not wanting the 2nd gen due to recalls, our trucks will be worth just as much or more. I could sell my truck for as much as I bought it for almost 2 years ago, right now.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #6
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk87 View Post
Who gives a fuck, supply/demand determine the price...not Mr. Kelly Blue Book. Do they think they ARE the economy now or what. I would tell them to shove their statement up their where the sun don't shine.

When Toyota did the buy back due to frame rust, what did they use to determine how much they paid?
Old 02-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #7
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
When Toyota did the buy back due to frame rust, what did they use to determine how much they paid?
If your frame is rotting. They will buy your truck back for x1.5 market value.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #8
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe View Post
when toyota did the buy back due to frame rust, what did they use to determine how much they paid?
zing!!!! :d
Old 02-04-2010, 08:51 PM   #9

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun155 View Post
If your frame is rotting. They will buy your truck back for x1.5 market value.
he's saying that blue book does matter because that's what toyota used to determine the price they paid the owner
Old 02-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #10
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
KBB is a company that is supposed to DETERMINE the market value of your vehicle, not DECIDE the value!!!! Who uses KBB anymore anyways, I use Edmunds...
Old 02-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #11
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Fugg KBB. If I wanted to buy a vehicle that didn't depreciate, I probably couldn't afford it assuming most are exotics or classics. I buy a vehicle, I drive the hell out of it.

Bought my M3 3 years ago, and she has 105k on her now.
Bought my Tacoma 5 months ago, and have added 10k miles since.

DRIVE 'EM!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #12

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
KBB is a company that is supposed to DETERMINE the market value of your vehicle, not DECIDE the value!!!! Who uses KBB anymore anyways, I use Edmunds...
uhhhh, TOYOTA does...
Old 02-04-2010, 10:58 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
uhhhh, TOYOTA does...
...and we can all trust Toyota's ways huh.....WOW, just WOW
Old 02-04-2010, 11:03 PM   #14

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
...and we can all trust Toyota's ways huh.....WOW, just WOW
I never said anything about trusting toyota's ways, go back and re read, your dismissing KBB and saying it's worthless, but the reason it's important, is that when the 1st gen's are being bought back, they are using kbb x 1.5

so when KBB says they are worth less, that means toyota thinks they are worth less, if they are ever yo buy your truck back for whatever reason, you'll get less, if you ever trade your truck in at toyota, you'll get less. but you will also pay less for a used vehicle at toyota.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:20 PM   #15
Prove it to me that Toyota uses kbb. They could always switch. And resale by def is not kbb. Kbb lost credibility a while ago...
Old 02-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #16

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Prove it to me that Toyota uses kbb. They could always switch. And resale by def is not kbb. Kbb lost credibility a while ago...
Go in to your local toyota and ask them how they determine the price they pay for the buy back on the 98-00 Tacoma's with frame issues. or go search, it's been said many times that they use KBB x 1.5

No, resale is not directly determined by KBB, but every car dealership, new or used, has a KBB to help determine what they will give you for your used vehicle on a trade in.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #17
Dealers don't use kbb, they use something else that provides a wholesale rate.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:19 AM   #18
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Classy reply.. I figured as much ..
Old 02-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #19
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
But........er.........uh.........other than that, you have no strong opinions either way?
Old 02-05-2010, 08:41 AM   #20
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dealers don't use kbb, they use something else that provides a wholesale rate.

I think they use Kelly Black Book. When I bought my truck the person I was dealing with brought up Blue Book for the trade in value of my car and it was $3,300, when they came back with the paper work they gave me $500. I was pissed and made a huge PITA of myself till I got more, and made sure everyone else in the dealership heard.