Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

suzuki truck

Old 02-08-2010, 05:40 AM   #1
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
suzuki truck

So, i was sitting in traffic the other day, and did you guys know that Suzuki is making a truck now?? the front looks just like a 2nd gen and the rear looks like a frontier?? WTF. has anyone else seen this?
Old 02-08-2010, 06:47 AM   #2
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery

?? :S

I know this isn't the correct truck but if your going to post a thread like this post a dam picture.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
Suzuki Equater > Toyota Tacoma

When shopping new, there's little reason to buy a Tacoma over the Equator, other than cosmetic choices.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:16 AM   #4
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Rebadged Frontier
Yep
Old 02-08-2010, 08:20 AM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery

Old 02-08-2010, 08:24 AM   #6
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ywen View Post

When shopping new, there's little reason to buy a Tacoma over the Equator, other than cosmetic choices.
Does it have the off road options such as the locker?
Old 02-08-2010, 08:27 AM   #7
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Yes,

Quote:
Equator offers an available shift-on-the-fly 4WD system that features an electronically controlled part-time, two-speed transfer case. For enhanced off-road capability, Equator offers a comprehensive off-road, traction system which includes four-wheel active limited slip traction control, electronic locking rear differential, Vehicle Dynamic Control, Hill Descent Control and Hill Hold Control.
http://www.suzukiauto.com/about_suzu...quator_mid.php
Old 02-08-2010, 08:29 AM   #8
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm cool, I still dont know that I would buy one over the Tacoma but it looks nice. For the $30,600 sticker for the v6 with all the good stuff I'd rather pick up the TRD off road. But again I like it looks nice.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:44 AM   #9
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Yes..

Crew Cab comes in RMZ 4 trim (Same as Frontier's Prox-4, and same as TRD OR) Can be had for $25,000 Sticker (most dealers were discounting it to that level). However, I did not get this because I needed more bed length.

$25,000 vs $31,000 Why in the world would you get a Tacoma esp given all the problems we've seen with the Taco?

Plus with the Suzuki, you get 7 year / 100K miles warranty.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #10
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't even know Suzuki was making domestic trucks. Looks good, not as good as our tacos though. My friend has the SX4 Crossover and it is a good car for the price. Kinda reminded me of the Mahindra until I looked at them again. Damn those are hideous!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #11
SYC TACO
VixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Victor
VixTacom's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to VixTacom
Suzuki Equater = shitty truck
Old 02-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #12
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VixTacom View Post
Suzuki Equater = shitty truck
Based on ???
I didn't say I was trading in my taco for one.

The Samurai's have a good track record as an ORV.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #13
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ywen View Post

well, being that Suzuki bought rights for the truck from Nissan, it is essentially the same truck with maybe some minor differences..... and somehow, every one of us in the 2nd gen section of this forum ended up with the taco......

Heres a few reasons why id still buy the tacoma.

1. track record is awesome (the sticking gas pedal wasnt on the recall list, only the floor mat problem).

2. Its faster than the equator. And im not talking a "paper" race either. the frontier always had the tacoma beat when the numbers were on paper...... but when it tries to put it to the ground.... no contest.

3. The interior is constructed of the same materials nissan uses, thus has the same basic layout.... which sucks IMO.

4. the aftermarket for the Tacoma is much better.

5. its a Suzuki truck....... one of the first..... wheres their track record? (my taco came with a 7year/100k warranty, but that means ABSOLUTELY nothing...... even if everything is covered...... do you want your vehicle in the shop more than you actually drive it yourself? nah.)

Its not for me....
Old 02-19-2010, 09:54 AM   #15
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
they don't make single cabs
theyre slow as hell
theyre fat as hell

k shoots
how are they slow? their engines are more powerful than the toyota 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDguyKC View Post
5. its a Suzuki truck....... one of the first..... wheres their track record? (my taco came with a 7year/100k warranty, but that means ABSOLUTELY nothing...... even if everything is covered...... do you want your vehicle in the shop more than you actually drive it yourself? nah.)
Track record? Just look a the 05 - present Frontier.. more than stout track record. Frontier reliability is on par with the Tacoma.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #16
Avman2119 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
Avman2119's Tacoma Gallery
The suzuki truck is a crappy version of the Nissan, it's like buying a KIA :-)
Old 02-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #17
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
wait.. why am I wasting time responding back to a bunch of teenagers..? stupid me..
Old 02-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #19
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I know that the Nissan 4.0 has timing chain issues. When it sounds like you have a blower it's time to change the guides and chain. The Frontier/Equator looks good but if I have the cash for the Taco then I'd choose the Taco. <-----Oh wait I did this already.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #20
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Frontier DC 4x4: http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/fronti...testdrive.html
Performance
0 - 60 (sec)8.3
1/4 Mile (sec @ mph)16.2 @ 85.0

Tacoma DC 4x4: http://autos.yahoo.com/2005_toyota_t...l-performance/
1/4 mile 16.10 sec.
0-60 7.40 sec.
Oh I forgot about the weight difference when the toyo has that plastic bed.. smart thinking by Toyo.. great for acceleration.