Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

NHTSA reviewing issues with 2009, 2010 Toyota Corolla steering

Old 02-10-2010, 05:55 AM   #1
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
NHTSA reviewing issues with 2009, 2010 Toyota Corolla steering

http://www.egmcartech.com/2010/02/09...olla-steering/

Quote:
As if Toyota didnít have its hands full already, federal safety officials said today that they are looking into complaints from Toyota Corolla drivers about an issue with the steering on their vehicles.
Officials said that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has received close to 80 complaints from drivers of 2009 and 2010 Toyota Corolla models. Many drivers are saying that their cars wander when they drive on the highway, making it hard for them to stay in lanes.
The NHTSA said it will determine if a formal safety investigation is necessary after looking into the complaints.
The department stressed that it is standard procedure for them to review driver complaints that they get every year on a wide range of vehicles.
- By: Omar Rana
Source: MSNBC
I got to admit, my truck does this too. I noticed the first time I drove it but never really payed to much attention to it. I drive mostly city so it does not bother me but I guess if you drive mostly highway it can be annoying. I just figured it was due to the truck being light.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:11 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Virginia Beach and Greenville
navysob is on a distinguished road

Navy: Report to my next station in two weeks!!!
Name: Sean
navysob's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to navysob Send a message via Yahoo to navysob
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
http://www.egmcartech.com/2010/02/09...olla-steering/

I got to admit, my truck does this too. I noticed the first time I drove it but never really payed to much attention to it. I drive mostly city so it does not bother me but I guess if you drive mostly highway it can be annoying. I just figured it was due to the truck being light.
I drive over 100 miles a day on the freeway, never noticed this with the Tacoma. My best friend used to have an 09 Corolla, and neither of us noticed a problem with the steering. Maybe it is just people driving tired or after drinking too much. Just my 2 cents!
Old 02-10-2010, 06:17 AM   #3
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
Put a fork in her.. she's done.

Toyota, the next Isuzu. For the US market at least
Old 02-10-2010, 06:19 AM   #4
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I drive over 100 miles a day on the freeway, never noticed this with the Tacoma. My best friend used to have an 09 Corolla, and neither of us noticed a problem with the steering. Maybe it is just people driving tired or after drinking too much. Just my 2 cents!
lol thats call a fallacy of hasty generalization, just because you didn't doesn't provide enough evidence to state that none have the problem.

Your second statement could be classified as a Ad Hominem fallacy maybe even a False Alternative fallacy.

As I said, I think the wandering is due to upcoming wind and the lightness of the vehicle / aerodynamics maybe?. I have experience it and I have the lightest model (Reg Cab 4-cyl). BTW I'm not saying everyone with my model will experience it, I'm just saying that I believe that is true that SOME people MIGHT experience it.

BTW let me rewrite your argument:

I have not experience this therefore its not true.
Your car wanders therefore you are drunk.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:21 AM   #5
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by navysob View Post
Two personal experiences does not represent statistical truth. Surely you know this...