Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

08 SEMA Tacoma

Old 02-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
Not your average girl
yotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Small town firefighter EMT
Name: Katie
yotanator's Tacoma Gallery
08 SEMA Tacoma

While searching the internet today aimlessly I came across this picture of the 2008 SEMA Toyota Tacoma concept, called the Back to the Future Tacoma. I was surprised at how close it is to what I've been doing to mine. It almost looks like I've been copying! lol

SEMA Tacoma:

My Tacoma:
Old 02-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Yours looks much better... I'm not to fond of the SEMA truck color...
Old 02-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
repost....but nice truck
Old 02-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #4
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
What was so special about that SEMA truck other than the connection to the movie? Just decals and white wheels...

Not very "Back To the Future"-ish when the truck itself is all bloated and bulgy..
Old 02-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #5
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Is that a jeep liberty light bar on the top of your truck?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #7
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
No offense to you but i like the sema truck better.

But your truck is nice!!

Where did you find the lights for on top.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #8
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
the sema truck came solid axle ! but your truck is nice
Old 02-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #9
2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: FC1(SW)
Name: Beau
2kool4school's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ywen View Post
What was so special about that SEMA truck other than the connection to the movie? Just decals and white wheels...

Not very "Back To the Future"-ish when the truck itself is all bloated and bulgy..

the MAIN "special" thing about the SEMA truck was Straight Front Axle from the Factory, that is what really made it a "throwback"
Old 02-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #10
Not your average girl
yotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunnerSeth View Post
Is that a jeep liberty light bar on the top of your truck?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
No offense to you but i like the sema truck better.

But your truck is nice!!

Where did you find the lights for on top.
Seth, I'm not sure if its a Liberty bar or not. I got it off of Ebay from some guy in Thailand and he said it comes as an option off some car there but didn't say which so I really don't know...
Old 02-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #11
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotanator View Post
Seth, I'm not sure if its a Liberty bar or not. I got it off of Ebay from some guy in Thailand and he said it comes as an option off some car there but didn't say which so I really don't know...
Hmmm looks like a jeep liberty bar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03...Q5fAccessories
Old 02-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #12
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I like that "light bar" too! It does look very Jeep Liberty-esque. Who would have thought it'd work nicely on a Taco?

Are they halogens, HID's, aftermarket aux lights... ? How well do the lights work being up top like that?
Old 02-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #13
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
Yeah, I like that "light bar" too! It does look very Jeep Liberty-esque. Who would have thought it'd work nicely on a Taco?

Are they halogens, HID's, aftermarket aux lights... ? How well do the lights work being up top like that?
I agree... kinda like it... would be badass all HID. I wonder how well the aiming is or if the aim is adjustable. I just recognized it because there is a Liberty with this kind of bar on it parked in front of a house on my way home. See it every single day.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:45 PM   #14
Not your average girl

Quote:

They're just basic aux lights. They aren't wired at the moment (lame I know ). I just got them a couple weeks ago and wanted to put them on first to see how they looked before I wired them and made them more permanent. They didn't come with a wiring kit either so I need to figure out what I need.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #15
Navy:
Quote:
They're just basic aux lights. They aren't wired at the moment (lame I know ). I just got them a couple weeks ago and wanted to put them on first to see how they looked before I wired them and made them more permanent. They didn't come with a wiring kit either so I need to figure out what I need.
We can take a look at it on mod day.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #16
Not your average girl

Quote:
We can take a look at it on mod day.
Sweet! Since it didn't come with a wiring kit, what would I need to buy? I can take care of that before I go down to Mod Day.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:56 PM   #17
Navy:
Quote:
Sweet! Since it didn't come with a wiring kit, what would I need to buy? I can take care of that before I go down to Mod Day.
mostly just wire.. but i will look at it when you get there and see. then the autoparts store is very close and you can pick up what you need.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #18
Not your average girl

Quote:
mostly just wire.. but i will look at it when you get there and see. then the autoparts store is very close and you can pick up what you need.
Okay sounds good
Old 02-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #19
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, and once you do get it wired up, do a write up on it in Lighting, would you? It'd be pretty cool to emulate you (that's a big fancy word for copy-cat ) I'd be interested on how you go the lighting from your roof into your engine compartment while still maintaining a decent amount of water-tightness.

And, oh yeah, on how adjustable those lights are and how well they work.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #20
Not your average girl

Quote:
Yeah, and once you do get it wired up, do a write up on it in Lighting, would you? It'd be pretty cool to emulate you (that's a big fancy word for copy-cat ) I'd be interested on how you go the lighting from your roof into your engine compartment while still maintaining a decent amount of water-tightness.

And, oh yeah, on how adjustable those lights are and how well they work.
All right sounds good. I have a couple close of shots of the light bar on my build page by the way if you're interested.