Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Which SUV?

Old 02-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
Which SUV?

My pops is looking at getting a new vehicle. hes giving his 540i to my mom since her car crapped out a few days ago. Im moving out of their house in the summer and he wont have me (my truck more specifically) to haul stuff around for him. So he needs something for regualr home depot pickups and such but for whatever reason he isnt into the idea of a truck for himself......he wants an SUV. dont know why but its his car so whatever. There are so many SUVs out there these days he doesnt even knwo where to start. throw out ideas!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.caranddriver.com/features..._choice-awards

Good place to start. At risk of getting flamed, 2010 Chevy Equinox looks good and gets 32 mpg (hwy)!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGato View Post
4runner!!!
It would be cool if he got the trail edition. that thing looks pretty badass
Old 02-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #6
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
How much is he looking to spend? There's a HUGE difference between a guy in the market for $20k and a guy willing to spend $50k.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:48 PM   #8

but who knows. he has money. and last time my moms car crapped out, he did bought her a brand new chevy suburban. and that thing wasnt cheap. so who knows.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
If I were in the market for an SUV at that price, I'd be looking for a 4Runner (probably not brand new) or maybe a Nissan Murano.

I'd stay the hell away from anything made by Dodge or Jeep.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #10

yea the 4runners look good. I dont know about the murano. Hes going to actually use it for hauling stuff (yes iv told him to get a taco), so those SUVs look more like soccermom cars than something that can handle a few bags of concrete
Old 02-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #11
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
If he wants an SUV more capable of hauling crap from Home Depot.. look into a Honda Element. Polyurethane floor means easy clean up. You can also flip-up or remove the rear seat to haul large items..

Try doing this in a 4Runner.. LOL

Old 02-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #12
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
4runner or FJ. the rear of the Fj is pretty rugged looking.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #13

that element looks capable.....its just ugly as sin he says. but good input.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #14

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Damn. I've heard those Elements are capable, but I didn't know they could carry a motorcycle like that. They look a little goofy, but they've grown on me since they were first introduced. I do like the way you can basically hose them off. Seem like a great car for somebody w/ dogs and crap to carry around.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #16

definantly a practical/capable car. but look at it. its a toaster on wheels.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #18

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
alright... Element is a no go... What about the 4Runner?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #19

thats what im trying to push for. right now I think hes getting partial to the wrangler but im not positive. im kind of exchanging text messages with him while hes at work
Old 02-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #20
Mayday
mmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Veteran
Name: Mike
mmadej87's Tacoma Gallery
id go with the fj, just like the element it has the plastic storage spaces and the back seats fold down for more cargo room...and its a TOYOTA