Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Moving Back To Hawai'i

Old 02-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
dgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to behold

dgalleon's Tacoma Gallery
Moving Back To Hawai'i

Hey guys I might be moving back to The Big Island to live with my grandmother and wanted to see if its worth it to ship my truck over there and how much that would cost???

Maybe it might be cheaper to sell my truck before i leave and buy a new one when I get there? Btw i currently live in Florida, thanks!
Old 02-12-2010, 01:09 AM   #2
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
My friend shipped his car from Oahu to Long Beach and I think he paid about 1200, I would assume it'd be a lot more for you because of distance. IMO it depends on how much work you did to your truck, etc. For example I won't sell my truck because it took me so long to find my black 04 w/ color keyed everything and it was in immaculate condition. Plus I did so much work to my truck (labor and mods) which does not increase the value of the truck so if I sold my truck it's like I did all the work for free and threw in the mods.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:14 AM   #3
State of Mind
808Raider is on a distinguished road

808Raider's Tacoma Gallery
^+1 I think shipping is about a grand from the west coast. And on Matson you pretty much have to ship it from long beach, bay area i.e. only west coast ports so you would have to drive it out to cali from florida. you might want to research shipping from florida/gulf area but I'm pretty sure it has to be from the west coast. Up to you though depending on how much you like your truck, how much work you put into it, or if you dont want to deal with shipping it. Keep in mind in hawaii these trucks are worth a lot out here in terms of trade in/resale value. I bought mine new partly because used 2nd gens are ridiculously priced out here. Everyone has/wants a tacoma. Hope this helps.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:58 AM   #4
SCRAPER
09638 is on a distinguished road
09638's Tacoma Gallery
as stated above tacomas are expensive in hawaii, new and used. Id drive it to Cali and ship it here, it should be 800-1000 $. Its not uncommon for used tacomas to sell for as much as new tacomas do on the mainland. definitetly ship it. if you want you can check out hawaii's craigslist and see the prices. the dealerships are even more!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:35 AM   #5
kanelakos has a spectacular aura aboutkanelakos has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: Prime BEEF Unit,DMAFB
kanelakos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydoogan View Post
^+1 I think shipping is about a grand from the west coast. And on Matson you pretty much have to ship it from long beach, bay area i.e. only west coast ports so you would have to drive it out to cali from florida. you might want to research shipping from florida/gulf area but I'm pretty sure it has to be from the west coast. Up to you though depending on how much you like your truck, how much work you put into it, or if you dont want to deal with shipping it. Keep in mind in hawaii these trucks are worth a lot out here in terms of trade in/resale value. I bought mine new partly because used 2nd gens are ridiculously priced out here. Everyone has/wants a tacoma. Hope this helps.

Used first generation Tacomas as well as used second generation are expensive in my neck of the woods as well. I went new also because of this. Hawaii is not the only place Tacomas are in demand!