LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

squeek almost like a belt...but its not

Old 02-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
squeek almost like a belt...but its not

i got a friend that has a squeak on her ford ranger, upon inspection it sounded like a belt or pully but it wasnt, the sound seemed to have been coming from the actual engine, but itll come off and on as the vehicle is driven, shes selling it in a month so it doesnt really matter, i was just wonering what it could be

(and she drives a BA tundra )
Old 02-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
There was a member on here that had the same problem IIRC. I think it had something to do with the oil leaking out into the engine/heads. Wish I could remember but basically the driver side internals were burning up
Old 02-20-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
ShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
ShadowFalken's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
There was a member on here that had the same problem IIRC. I think it had something to do with the oil leaking out into the engine/heads. Wish I could remember but basically the driver side internals were burning up
Toucan, the post is asking a question about a Ford Ranger not a 4.0L Tacoma. I actually clicked on this link thinking it was another concern with a Tacoma but read that it was a Ford.

This will require diagnosis. I just wonder what process was used to eliminate the belt and accessory drives as the culprit.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #5
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
What motor does she have. 4.0,2.3, 3.0? And what year is the truck.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:57 PM   #6
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFalken View Post
Toucan, the post is asking a question about a Ford Ranger not a 4.0L Tacoma. I actually clicked on this link thinking it was another concern with a Tacoma but read that it was a Ford.

This will require diagnosis. I just wonder what process was used to eliminate the belt and accessory drives as the culprit.
Meh Just sounded like it could be along the same lines with him saying it's not the pulleys or belts.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:41 AM   #7
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
i listened for the sound and it came from the back close to the cab side of the motor and not the belt side, i believe hers is a 4.0 but not sure
Old 02-21-2010, 09:38 AM   #8

Maybe worth a look with the oil pump? Don't know a ford engine bay but I imagine they're all about the same. Not the most mechanically inclined though so maybe a tech would be best
Old 02-21-2010, 09:48 AM   #9
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
Maybe worth a look with the oil pump? Don't know a ford engine bay but I imagine they're all about the same. Not the most mechanically inclined though so maybe a tech would be best
i was just wondrin what it could be, shes selling it soon so we arent even going to waste the time or money on it, its just annoying, but its more of an excuse for her to either ride or drive my taco
Old 02-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #10

Hopefully whoever buys it doesn't want to sue you if they think it's a lemon. Better to CYA. A check can't be too much and then you could either get a rebuilt part to try and keep your resale value or you'd have to let the buyer know about it. I know if I were to buy a vehicle I would want to know about it. Just my .02 but good luck with the sale
Old 02-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #11
Mabe is on a distinguished road
Mabe's Tacoma Gallery
Does it make the noise when stopped or when moving? If it is a 4x4, it sounds like a U joint in the front axle. If the noise is at idle when the truck is still then it could be any moving part. Get your head inside the engine bay when it is making the noise. Get a long screw driver, you can use it like a stethoscope. Just dont get your face stuck in any moving parts.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #12
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
coming from the back of the engine close to the cab, and shes sellin it to family to use as a hunting truck so they dont care if it freakin catches fire, they are also a toyota family and agree that the main problem is circled on the grill
Old 02-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #13
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
I had a problem like that on my 2005 and it ended up being the oil on the belt, I could not believe the tech at the dealership but when they changed it, no noise, go figure. It would not do it idle only certain times thats why I did'nt believe it was the belt but it was. my 2 cents.