Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Ticket Question

Old 02-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Ticket Question

EDIT: I got the ticket signed off, and ended up paying a $25 fine..

Well, i got a ticket for running my fog lights along with my regular headlights...
On the actual ticket, it says non-correctable.
but....I got a letter about a week later saying that all i had to pay was $25 and show proof of correction. However, since the ticket says non-correctable..Would i still be able to get it signed off?

I typed in my case number online it says i have to pay $171 in total fines.
I'm confused as to how much im supposed to pay..
This sucks..

Old 02-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
doug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of light

doug355r's Tacoma Gallery
What state are you in? What law does is the citation say you broke?

Edit: Ok your pic just answered both those questions...

How many fogs do you have? It says 4 lamps only? Do you have more than the factory lights?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
Avman2119 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
Avman2119's Tacoma Gallery
Only in CA would they have a stupid law like that, I don't think CO has a law against running more than 4 lights :-)
Old 02-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug355r View Post
What state are you in? What law does is the citation say you broke?

Edit: Ok your pic just answered both those questions...

How many fogs do you have? It says 4 lamps only? Do you have more than the factory lights?
Im in California
Vehicle Code VC24406

I was just running the main Headlights and the fog lights, but the officer said that the little parking lights also count as a light beam...
Old 02-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
doug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of light

First off the section he listed has nothing to do with number of lights:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc24406.htm

Second, if you have more than 4 they you gotta pay:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc24403.htm

However, since the ticket lists section 24406,

"24406. Except as otherwise provided, the headlamps, or other auxiliary driving lamps, or a combination thereof, on a motor vehicle during darkness shall be so arranged that the driver may select at will between distributions of light projected to different elevations, and the lamps may, in addition, be so arranged that the selection can be made automatically."

I would fight it and ask them where in section 24406 it says you can have no more than 4 lamps?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Don't you have to turn on the headlights before the fogs will come on?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
Im in California
Vehicle Code VC24406

I was just running the main Headlights and the fog lights, but the officer said that the little parking lights also count as a light beam...

He listed the wrong section. Take it to court and show them that you don't have more than 4 beams and they are all factory.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #8
jeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Active Duty
Name: Jeremie
jeremiekc's Tacoma Gallery
It seems that they will do anything in the state of California to raise money now. Did you see that one of the towns was charging for 911 services. I sure and the hell would fight it. I thought parking lights were a warning device and not for driving.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #9
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I'm usually of the "don't break the law and give cops a break" mindset, but if everything on your truck is factory, then this asshat was just looking to make his city some money. Saying that your driving lights count against a "total of 4 lights" quota is insane. When could you EVER use your fog lights, then?

This isn't constructive, but I'd want to go to the courthouse and say, "Look. I turned the fogs off. It is corrected, so F*** off."
Old 02-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #10
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avman2119 View Post
Only in CA would they have a stupid law like that, I don't think CO has a law against running more than 4 lights :-)
:S
Old 02-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #12
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
take that stuff to court 99% you will get off the hook.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #13
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, ticket seems odd. Only a real jerk would issue a ticket like that, or you did something to piss him off and that's the only thing he could think of to ticket you for. Are you sleeping with his girlfriend?
Old 02-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #14
Love the Tick!
Gingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to all

Name: G
Gingrbredman's Tacoma Gallery
I understand the law which limits 4 lights. This is so you aren't running your fogs and your high beams at the same time. That would be 6 bulbs (2 regular, 2 high beams, 2 fogs), but that isnt what you were doing. Either he is mistaken, or just an asshat as someone else has mentioned. Our trucks won't allow the fogs on at the same time as the high beams so I would fight it for sure.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #15
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, the cop was wrong and made a mistake in giving you that ticket. It will get dismissed if you go to court. Pay nothing!

Go to court and explain that you were running the fogs with the low beams.

Bring with you a copy of the law so that you can back it up.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/tocd12c2a2.htm
Old 02-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #16
Yo homie, that my briefcase?
ColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to behold

Name: Geoff
ColdZeroBSP's Tacoma Gallery
This cop is a stooge. That's the first I've ever heard of giving ticket for factory lighting. Go to court and make them read the law as it's stated.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #17
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avman2119 View Post
Only in CA would they have a stupid law like that
My thoughts exactly. I fucking hate California.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #18
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Just to reiterate: California is a shithole.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #19
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
I'm up in NorCal, I definitely want to see how this plays out.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:07 PM   #20
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at your avitar it looks like you don't have stock headlight and fog setup?
If it were all stock it would not be an issue as Toyota sells it that way.
If you are stock then go right down to BP PD and ask to have an officer sign off on this as the officer was obviouly mistaken. Be nice and ask to talk to watch commander if not satisfied.