Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film question

Old 02-28-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film question

I just purchased a roll of 3M Scotchgard paint protection film to do some stuff in the plotter for my brother's truck and mine, it says it can be removed from the car/truck without leaving residue, but I'm wondering how true is this, so if someone has removed a 3M film from their car/truck before please let me know how difficult it was and if it really does not leave anything behind.

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2014, 10:15 AM   #2
Tech1 is on a distinguished road
Tech1's Tacoma Gallery
3m protection film

Hi Guys,

Recently had this installed on my 2012 Tacoma complete front end kit, but had to remove due to the job being done incorrectly causing whistling noise and bubbles and ends coming up. I removed it myself took a little time but wasn't to bad.When removing film don't pull back, pull up and towards you this will prevent leaving film adhesive behind and prevent any cloudiness.

Just a note for people living in San Diego Ca area Pacific Auto Film was the place
that did mine, and in my experience and my opinion he did an awful job I can only speak from my experience located in Escondido Ca so do lots research to prevent any headaches or issues .