Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

H1N1 = Toyota rep

Old 03-03-2010, 01:51 AM   #1
ryhar85 is a splendid one to beholdryhar85 is a splendid one to beholdryhar85 is a splendid one to beholdryhar85 is a splendid one to beholdryhar85 is a splendid one to beholdryhar85 is a splendid one to beholdryhar85 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ryan
ryhar85's Tacoma Gallery
H1N1 = Toyota rep

So has anyone else noticed the similarities between the swine flu "epidemic" and the Toyota bash recently? Maybe its just me, but I think that the people who rushed out and threw mass amounts of money at the pharmaceutical companies to vaccinate themselves against a flu that is about a thousand times less dangerous than the regular flu, are the same types of people that are swearing off Toyota and throwing mass amounts of money at 'Detroit', even though Toyotas are still some of the best vehicles on the road today.

In both of these cases, there was/is a mass media frenzy driven to get consumers to spend their money where the US media wanted it to(drug companies and domestic auto makers). Both of these scenarios are based on a very small amount of actual incidents, and a very large amount of hype! And in as little as a year, both of these cases will have blown over (except for a random eccentric blowhard here or there) to the point that one would be thought ridiculous to spend their money on an H1N1 vaccine, or continue to badmouth Toyota as a result of year old, hyped up, bullshit.

All auto manufacturers have their hiccups, but by comparison, Toyota still seems to have a lot less than most others. Toyota has always been, and will continue to be one of the most reliable automakers on the road. This is why people buy them, lots of them. Don't believe the hype that the media creates to sway your decision - don't be a sheep. Do your own research. Don't let the "educated decision" die.

So if anyone wants to buy into the media BS, that is fine. Enjoy your self inflicted virus, and your Ford.

Just my humble opinion.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:14 AM   #2
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Here's some other things of late that bother me;

-The earthquake in Chile was old news right after it happened only because of Haiti's. I haven't seen one 'Text Chile to 99999' ad yet.

-Same with GM's recall of 1.3 million vehicles for power steering issues. This barely got a fart of attention.

Personally, I am glad that Toyota got hit hard for their issues and that the issue received the attention that it did. I just don't think its quite right that timing has so much to do with how things played out.

What if GM's recall came out before Toyota's? Would theirs be 'worse' in the public eye?
Old 03-03-2010, 02:24 AM   #4
ryhar85 is a splendid one to beholdryhar85 is a splendid one to beholdryhar85 is a splendid one to beholdryhar85 is a splendid one to beholdryhar85 is a splendid one to beholdryhar85 is a splendid one to beholdryhar85 is a splendid one to behold
ryhar85's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I didnt get the vaccine..........I got enough shots in basic, and mysteriously became lactose and egg intolerant soon after, so no more "flu shots" or the like for me....Just got over a wicked cold recently but it didnt kill me.

As for the media hype, well..........There must be SOME truth to it, and Toyoda did admit to information about accelerator issues in other countries not being shared with Toyota US division. I watched 3hrs of the hearing and by watching the body language and hearing some of the testimony, I firmly believe there is some kind of a problem.....The fact that the documentation was admittidly not shared with toyota USA, shows criminal negligence IMHO.
I completely agree. Of course there is truth to it, and it is a problem, but they are fixing it. They effed up. But look at their reputation in the past(especially compared with other auto makers), I believe once this is all over/fixed, it will go back to that. You have obviously done your own research to come to your conclusion. And that's all I ask. The people that swear off toyota based on what they see on the evening news are the ones that irritate me. The US market has a lot to gain by pushing the negative hype. Just something to think about.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #5
CAPS CAPS CAPS!
asphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, B Co, 1st BN, 6th MAR ('93 - '97)
Name: Jason
asphaltpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, it seems to be hyped quite a bit. Good post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryhar85 View Post
Don't believe the hype that the media creates to sway your decision - don't be a sheep. Do your own research. Don't let the "educated decision" die.
Especially in regards to politics.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
ryhar85's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 03-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hx8TW6sYys there just dragging the waters
Old 03-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #8
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
-The earthquake in Chile was old news right after it happened only because of Haiti's. I haven't seen one 'Text Chile to 99999' ad yet.
Some 700 people were killed in Chile whereas 100,000 to 200,000 were killed in Haiti.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #9
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
Some 700 people were killed in Chile whereas 100,000 to 200,000 were killed in Haiti.
X2 Chile is also a stable country that is prepared for earth quakes with rescue teams and better building codes.