1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st Gen Sequoia Owners?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by sonjason, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Mar 6, 2010 at 5:39 PM
    sonjason

sonjason [OP] Pink Taco Lover

Member:
    Western NC
    Vehicle:
    85 Turbo Diesel 4x4 Yota
    Looking for some feedback on a 2006 Sequoia Limited 4x4. My wife and I are considering trading for one. Low miles, well taken care of, has all the bells and whistles.

Any Sequoia owners please share your experiences. :confused:

2. Mar 6, 2010 at 9:24 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    My Mom bought her '03 brand new in '02 and since then we have put 100K miles on it. We love it.

It's a great SUV. The 4.7 has quite a bit of torque and is fun to drive. I've driven it back and forth to Atlanta several times loaded with people, cargo and dogs, as well as towed an enclosed Uhaul, which is did with ease. The seats are very comfortable, the JBL audio system is good. Honestly, if I wanted a large SUV, its the only thing I would consider. With the 3rd row of seats out, the cargo space is huge!

It has only had three problems to date. First, the floater in the gas tank went bad and was replaced under warranty. Can't remember the cause. Secondly, the sliding rear window doesn't like to work all the time but the fix is easy, they just won't let me work on their cars. Third, the brake light for some reason continues to come on for no reason, even after having it repaired several times. The brakes work just fine, it's a problem with the computer, I have not heard of anyone else having this problem.

The only complaint I have is that i wish the driver seat would go back another inch or so, as I'm 6"3 and would like a little more room. I personally love it. I'd love get a 4x4 one and mod it for expeditions...

3. Mar 7, 2010 at 5:24 PM
    sonjason

sonjason [OP] Pink Taco Lover

Member:
    Western NC
    Vehicle:
    85 Turbo Diesel 4x4 Yota
    Thanks for the info man... we are leaning heavily toward nabbing the Sequoia. 2006 Limited 4x4 that is "Certified Pre-Owned" with a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty (60K on clock now). This is a BIG truck!

Kind of shocked no one else had any Sequoia experience though?

4. Mar 11, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    RC51

RC51 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    NC.
    Vehicle:
    08 prerunner DC.
    I love my 06 do it.

Products Discussed in

To Top