Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

1st Gen Sequoia Owners?

Old 03-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
Pink Taco Lover
sonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud of
sonjason's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen Sequoia Owners?

Looking for some feedback on a 2006 Sequoia Limited 4x4. My wife and I are considering trading for one. Low miles, well taken care of, has all the bells and whistles.

Any Sequoia owners please share your experiences.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
My Mom bought her '03 brand new in '02 and since then we have put 100K miles on it. We love it.

It's a great SUV. The 4.7 has quite a bit of torque and is fun to drive. I've driven it back and forth to Atlanta several times loaded with people, cargo and dogs, as well as towed an enclosed Uhaul, which is did with ease. The seats are very comfortable, the JBL audio system is good. Honestly, if I wanted a large SUV, its the only thing I would consider. With the 3rd row of seats out, the cargo space is huge!

It has only had three problems to date. First, the floater in the gas tank went bad and was replaced under warranty. Can't remember the cause. Secondly, the sliding rear window doesn't like to work all the time but the fix is easy, they just won't let me work on their cars. Third, the brake light for some reason continues to come on for no reason, even after having it repaired several times. The brakes work just fine, it's a problem with the computer, I have not heard of anyone else having this problem.

The only complaint I have is that i wish the driver seat would go back another inch or so, as I'm 6"3 and would like a little more room. I personally love it. I'd love get a 4x4 one and mod it for expeditions...
Old 03-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
Pink Taco Lover
sonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud of
sonjason's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info man... we are leaning heavily toward nabbing the Sequoia. 2006 Limited 4x4 that is "Certified Pre-Owned" with a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty (60K on clock now). This is a BIG truck!

Kind of shocked no one else had any Sequoia experience though?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
RC51 is on a distinguished road

Name: mike
RC51's Tacoma Gallery
I love my 06 do it.