Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

What do you think of black billet grilles?

View Poll Results: Do you like them?
Sure 22 91.67%
Not so much 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #1
1st Gen. Pride
only_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really nice

Name: Kevin
only_K's Tacoma Gallery
What do you think of black billet grilles?

I have a billet grill on right now and i was thinking of painting it black. What do you think of them?
Old 03-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
1st Gen. Pride
only_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really nice

only_K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevora22 View Post
blackkk ittt out
Im definitely thinking about it. i like the way it looks.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I think the Black T-Rex one is awesome...thats what i'm gonna get. I was gonna do the Satoshi but don't really have the motivation
Old 03-14-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
v.hey its my Avatar avatar.v
ak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ak47's Tacoma Gallery
i'd black it out.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:27 PM   #5
1st Gen. Pride

only_K's Tacoma Gallery
If i were to black it out whats the best paint to do it with? Gloss, or flat, or in between?
Old 03-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
v.hey its my Avatar avatar.v
ak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ak47's Tacoma Gallery
it depends on your what you like. i would probably try to match it with your flares and bumper.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #7
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
black billet ftw
Old 03-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #8
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I would have gone with black. I've thought about blackin mine out but didn't want to deal with the hassle of havin to touch it up after gettin hit with rocks and all the crap that flies up off the road.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:56 PM   #9
1st Gen. Pride

only_K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
I wish I would have gone with black. I've thought about blackin mine out but didn't want to deal with the hassle of havin to touch it up after gettin hit with rocks and all the crap that flies up off the road.
Thats exactly why im hesitating. It doesnt take long to take mine off though. Its just 4 screws and thats it. i could just lay it on the ground and paint it whenever i want.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #10
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by only_K View Post
Thats exactly why im hesitating. It doesnt take long to take mine off though. Its just 4 screws and thats it. i could just lay it on the ground and paint it whenever i want.
thats what i did, rub it with a bit of sand paper and paint thinner and it looks good
Old 03-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #11
1st Gen. Pride

only_K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
thats what i did, rub it with a bit of sand paper and paint thinner and it looks good
Well then i think im gonna do it! What paint did you use? Anything special?
Old 03-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #12
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I'd bet you can get it powdercoated for under $20..
Old 03-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #13
Not your average girl
yotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Small town firefighter EMT
Name: Katie
yotanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If i were to black it out whats the best paint to do it with? Gloss, or flat, or in between?
Flat seems to hide imperfections better Imo
Old 03-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #14
1st Gen. Pride

only_K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
I'd bet you can get it powdercoated for under $20..
Really? I thought it would be some ridiculous amount? Ill have to look into that.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #15
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
I had a black billet grill but still dumped it for a satoshi
Old 03-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #16
1st Gen. Pride

only_K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post
I had a black billet grill but still dumped it for a satoshi
Well when i upgrade to a 2nd Gen. i will do a satoshi, but since i have a 1st gen my options are limited. Plus i only have the billet grill. The stock grill was thrown away by the previous owner.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #17
1st Gen. Pride

only_K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Bugs Life View Post
I have not one chip in my billet and it's been painted for like 8 months. Just sand, primer, hit with krylon satin black a few times, and clear coat.
Thanks man! Probably gonna go do it tomorrow!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #18
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really? I thought it would be some ridiculous amount? Ill have to look into that.
I emailed a place a while back and it was gona be like $30 - $40 /wheel, just sand it down and clean it off and bring it to them, shouldn't be much.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:40 PM   #19
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
i digg the black billet grills.. prolly cuz i have one! gave mine a quick once over with sandpaper and shot it wil krylon satin black.. been holding up great for almost a year now. only has one small chip from a rock on it.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:55 AM   #20
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
I hate chrome billet grills, the black is way nicer as proven in the pic above. I do prefer the black mesh style though. To me chrome looks cheapo.