Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Of course (Prius SUA)

Old 03-15-2010, 05:07 AM   #1
East Ender
danb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
danb86's Tacoma Gallery
Of course (Prius SUA)

Interesting
Old 03-15-2010, 05:17 AM   #2
"Enjoying Life"
Definitive is a jewel in the roughDefinitive is a jewel in the roughDefinitive is a jewel in the roughDefinitive is a jewel in the rough

Name: Adam
Definitive's Tacoma Gallery
Good find Dan!

That article certainly doesn't fall towards Toyota's favor one bit.

By the way, has anyone heard that when you place a Prius in Neutral, the motor turns off (Standby) and the batteries take over?
Old 03-15-2010, 05:24 AM   #3
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
lol. Not looking good for Toyota.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:26 AM   #4
East Ender
danb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
danb86's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, but I think just the opposite: it seems Mr. Sikes has a history of insurance claims and is currently under some financial stress including having had several cars repo'd and is reported to owe money on the Prius.

Again, it seems to me there are going to be lots of people coming forward with car troubles who's first excuse is, "it wasn't my fault".
Old 03-15-2010, 06:43 AM   #5
"Enjoying Life"
Definitive is a jewel in the roughDefinitive is a jewel in the roughDefinitive is a jewel in the roughDefinitive is a jewel in the rough

Name: Adam
Definitive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danb86 View Post
Sorry, but I think just the opposite: it seems Mr. Sikes has a history of insurance claims and is currently under some financial stress including having had several cars repo'd and is reported to owe money on the Prius.

Again, it seems to me there are going to be lots of people coming forward with car troubles who's first excuse is, "it wasn't my fault".

I'm with you there, but if they don't find a reason for the acceleration, Mr. Sike's repo's and $700,000 in debt will more than likely fall to the wayside and Toyota will be blamed.

I look forward to the day that Toyota proves him wrong!

Although, the day that comes, he will probably ONLY get a slap on the wrist and a fine for speeding.

Just my 0.02
Old 03-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #6
I've got the FUNK
dgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 91W - Medic
dgr540's Tacoma Gallery
I heard the same. The radio this morning said he was 5 payments late on his prius, but that was the media so......
Old 03-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #7
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
so...through all the BS i've been wondering: Is this issue confined to North America only? i can't recall seeing this issue in any other country yet (though i have not looked) chalk it up to american panic syndrome? or "imma get me some monies" mentality?
Old 03-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #8
Mellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud of

Mellow's Tacoma Gallery
I saw a 60 minute show last year or the year before, I'm pretty sure it was 60 mins but could be wrong...

Anyway, there were tons of owners of big SUVs setting them on fire away from home then calling them in as stolen..