Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

How many of you drive without front plates?

View Poll Results: Do you have a front plate?
Yes 120 37.97%
No 196 62.03%
Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2010, 11:54 PM   #21
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdirep View Post
i have mine off but was wondering if anyone knew where i might be able to get those color matched plugs people put in the holes?
bumperplugs.com

I got them when I first got my truck and when I was still mod-crazy. They're expensive for what it is and if I can go back, I'd probably make my own somehow.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:03 AM   #22
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I don't have mine, Got a ticket for it, payed my fines, and still don't have one on.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:04 AM   #23
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
acmair's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
I don't have mine, Got a ticket for it, payed my fines, and still don't have one on.
How much is the ticket?
Old 03-17-2010, 12:06 AM   #24
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
On. It's a law and it's not a big deal.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:12 AM   #25
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmair View Post
How much is the ticket?
Depends with correction or not, 108 without correction, 25 with correction.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:12 AM   #26
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you're such a rebel.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:17 AM   #27
Greg Graffin 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWtacoma View Post
you're such a rebel.
I lost mine so it can't be put on.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:32 AM   #29
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
acmair's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Depends with correction or not, 108 without correction, 25 with correction.
What'd you mean correction?
Old 03-17-2010, 12:34 AM   #30
Greg Graffin 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmair View Post
What'd you mean correction?
Put your plates back on and get it signed off by a Law Enforcement Officer.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:40 AM   #31
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
I've paid $127 worth of tickets for No Plates so far in the Front. Still don't have it on . . .
Old 03-17-2010, 12:48 AM   #32
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
No plate for 3 years and counting. Plus I don't want holes in the bumper.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:03 AM   #33
Fitz
kjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
PA no front plates here
Old 03-17-2010, 01:06 AM   #34
05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
05offroad's Tacoma Gallery
I was just considering taking it off today after washing my truck...but Im in california and know its illegal. my question is is that what happens if i do get pulled over for not having it?? is it a fix it ticket or what? I'l put it on right in front of the cop when he pulls me over ha. anyone have experience with california front plate laws??
Old 03-17-2010, 01:11 AM   #35
Greg Graffin 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05offroad View Post
I was just considering taking it off today after washing my truck...but Im in california and know its illegal. my question is is that what happens if i do get pulled over for not having it?? is it a fix it ticket or what? I'l put it on right in front of the cop when he pulls me over ha. anyone have experience with california front plate laws??
Fix it Ticket. about 100 in fines, or 25 with correction and show up in court.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:14 AM   #36
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
In oregon it's required by law to have one. I dont have one on haha, its in my toolbox in my shop. Nice thing is its a secondary violation here so they cant pull you over just for that, you have to do some other offense, then they can get ya for the plate.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:38 AM   #37
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Ha Ha its funny this thread start because i have the allpro bumper and there is no where to mount it I told my wife dont worry about it and BAM two days later i get pulled over for no plate. lol but the cop was cool and let me off with a warning because i told him the truth that i had just bought the bumper and there is no where to mount it. But i need to figure a way to mount it. I guess i will just drill some holes in the new bumper
Old 03-17-2010, 03:41 AM   #38
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta have one in Texas. Otherwise DPS will get ya. Trust me I know.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:41 AM   #39
Taco.Tim is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Taco.Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Not required in Georgia.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:43 AM   #40
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billas333 View Post
Just took mine off the other day but for good measure I put it in the front right of the windshield.
I got a ticket for doing that once. A bored/angry county cop was waving people over and writing misc tickets and that's what he got me for.
VA requires the front plate be at the furthest point forward on the vehicle is what he told me.
The guy in front of me beeped his horn in traffic and he pulled him over for beeping his horn