Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

How many of you drive without front plates?

View Poll Results: Do you have a front plate?
Yes 120 37.97%
No 196 62.03%
Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2010, 04:02 AM   #41
James3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
James3492's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to James3492 Send a message via Skype™ to James3492
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
I got a ticket for doing that once. A bored/angry county cop was waving people over and writing misc tickets and that's what he got me for.
VA requires the front plate be at the furthest point forward on the vehicle is what he told me.
The guy in front of me beeped his horn in traffic and he pulled him over for beeping his horn
Haha. Heres a horn he can suck on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGYcnYLK_50
Old 03-17-2010, 04:03 AM   #42
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
No front plates in North Carolina.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:03 AM   #43
Caveman
LaxVarsity04 is a splendid one to beholdLaxVarsity04 is a splendid one to beholdLaxVarsity04 is a splendid one to beholdLaxVarsity04 is a splendid one to beholdLaxVarsity04 is a splendid one to beholdLaxVarsity04 is a splendid one to beholdLaxVarsity04 is a splendid one to beholdLaxVarsity04 is a splendid one to behold
LaxVarsity04's Tacoma Gallery
Alabama does not require a front tag, and neither did Memphis but you had to go sit through inspection(pain in the ass)
Old 03-17-2010, 04:19 AM   #45
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Ky don't require it! Woohoo!
Old 03-17-2010, 04:21 AM   #46
Nowhereman04 will become famous soon enough

Nowhereman04's Tacoma Gallery
N.C. don't require that you run a front plate......yet. But I feel it 's coming soon. One more way for the state to generate revenue, and N.C. is hurting.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:56 AM   #47
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Not required in Pa.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:18 AM   #48
Przemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Przemek
Przemekmsu's Tacoma Gallery
Required by New Jersey Law. I do agree that looks better with out the plates.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:24 AM   #49
Simms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: David
Simms65's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Simms65
I don't have a front plate on my car, and when I get my Tacoma it won't have one either. WV doesn't require it, and doesn't even give you a second plate unless you ask.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:25 AM   #50
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
NJ requires it, but I dont have one on any of my vehicles.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:31 AM   #51
SURFTACO will become famous soon enough

Name: Steve
SURFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billas333 View Post
Just took mine off the other day but for good measure I put it in the front right of the windshield.
Thats a good idea. I'm not sure if NJ law enforcement would go for that. Unfortunately I do have a front license plate. I hate it. Also, I took the plastic license plate holder off the plate, and I noticed it scratched my paint!
Old 03-17-2010, 05:31 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
NJ requires it, but I dont have one on any of my vehicles.
And you get away with it huh man?
Old 03-17-2010, 05:38 AM   #54
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious, for you guys that live in states that require front plates do you get two temp plates from the dealer until you get your real license plates?
Old 03-17-2010, 05:39 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegdog View Post
Just curious, for you guys that live in states that require front plates do you get two temp plates from the dealer until you get your real license plates?
Good Question. never thought of that. Negative!
Old 03-17-2010, 05:40 AM   #57
doodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud of
doodle_cakes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilsky View Post
I don't have one, but thats because they don't even give you one in Alberta. When I was in BC I definitely had both though.
x2
Old 03-17-2010, 05:43 AM   #58
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Not needed in north carolina
Old 03-17-2010, 05:46 AM   #59
small /= slow
newengland is on a distinguished road
newengland's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to newengland
I have one, but I'm pretty sure it's required in NH.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:49 AM   #60
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SURFTACO View Post
And you get away with it huh man?
nah, I've been nailed for it in the past. I think in the 13 years of driving, I've only received 3 tickets for it. Worth it imo