Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

How many of you drive without front plates?

View Poll Results: Do you have a front plate?
Yes 120 37.97%
No 196 62.03%
Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2010, 02:49 AM   #101
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
nope dont need one in az, haha suckas
Old 03-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #103
chip01822 is on a distinguished road

Name: chip
chip01822's Tacoma Gallery
thankfully its not required in ky
Old 03-25-2010, 12:25 AM   #104
On my second taco now....
astral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
astral's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones308 View Post
I dont drive with one, although in Arizona it is not required
Old 03-18-2014, 11:18 AM   #105
BarryADH1942 is on a distinguished road
Name: Barry
BarryADH1942's Tacoma Gallery
Front license plate bracket

I lived close to forty years in Alaska where a front plate is required. Never gave it a thought, just put the front plate on the bracket. Now I'm in North Carolina where a front plate is not required. I have a new Tacoma and I want to put my St Louis Cardinal plate in the front, but I don't want to drill holes. On ebay.com, I've seen a "no drill front license plate bracket" for a Tacoma. Has anyone used one of these brackets? How did it work out? Does it stay tight? Thanks for your input.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:22 AM   #106
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
nope,not required in Alberta
Old 03-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #107
smtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to behold

smtaco73's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't read any of the pages/posts but Louisiana doesn't require one.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:32 AM   #108
ZoMbiE aLeRt
choppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
choppersx's Tacoma Gallery
Yup! by law here in California. We have also traffic cams that takes pictures if you run a red light. So my county is required front plates, you will receive a ticket over the mail with your front plates and your face if you run a red light.

The system sucks cause theres tickets given away for yellow lights. Time to go court at that point.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #109
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
No need for one here in NC, but I did get pulled in NY when I was younger for not running one.

I kept it on the floor of my Gold Trans Am just in case. I remember the trooper's words exactly; "Did the state of New York issue you two licesnce plates boy? I suggest you get it on there unless you have some money you want to give to the judge".

N'uff said, right away sir.....................
Old 03-18-2014, 12:36 PM   #110
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Dont need one!

Don't if OZ was around
Old 03-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #111
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp1 View Post
No need for one here in NC, but I did get pulled in NY when I was younger for not running one.

I kept it on the floor of my Gold Trans Am just in case. I remember the trooper's words exactly; "Did the state of New York issue you two licesnce plates boy? I suggest you get it on there unless you have some money you want to give to the judge".

N'uff said, right away sir.....................
I love when i go to WNY close to buffalo. no front tags and no inspection stickers on window. all the cops give me a hard look when coming head on, and some times i can look in the mirror and they hit the breaks and check to see if iím from NY or not by looking at rear plate.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:45 PM   #113
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryADH1942 View Post
I lived close to forty years in Alaska where a front plate is required. Never gave it a thought, just put the front plate on the bracket. Now I'm in North Carolina where a front plate is not required. I have a new Tacoma and I want to put my St Louis Cardinal plate in the front, but I don't want to drill holes. On ebay.com, I've seen a "no drill front license plate bracket" for a Tacoma. Has anyone used one of these brackets? How did it work out? Does it stay tight? Thanks for your input.
i think one of the members on here makes a no drill bracket for front plates. could be wrong about it though.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:15 AM   #114
ernhon808 will become famous soon enough

Name: Ernest
ernhon808's Tacoma Gallery
I have mine on. It's required here in Hawaii.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:31 AM   #115
blah blah blah
inesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

inesshell's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to inesshell
no, they keep pulling me over if i dont
Old 05-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #116
nucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
nucktaco's Tacoma Gallery
got mine on. not worth the ticket. just zap strapped mine to the front bumper. cant run a plate cover either as thats illegal too.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:39 AM   #117
the captain
7shotguns is on a distinguished road

7shotguns's Tacoma Gallery
It's required in Utah but I don't run it. The dealership actually called me to ask if I wanted a front when it came in. I said no, good thing because they would've drilled a stealership plate on my new bumper.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:50 AM   #118
Do you even travel bro?
TashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dereck
TashcomerTexas's Tacoma Gallery
Nope. Keep the front plate under the seat so if they ask I say a screw fell off and am going to put it back on