Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Why you should know what you are talking about before making power upgrades

Old 03-21-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
cant see the pics..... not a member.
Can you post them here?
Old 03-21-2010, 08:34 PM   #5
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
nada.
its a box with a X
Old 03-21-2010, 08:36 PM   #6
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
That one work sharkie??
nope
Old 03-21-2010, 08:41 PM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Damn it- Give me a few....

Cliff Notes for the mean time: 2007 Scion tC with 440cc injectors pushing 17PSI as a "daily" driver. First photo was a rod fragged all to hell and several shots of the block with some nasty chunks missing...

17PSI is an somewhat aggressive boost for a daily driver...and 440cc injectors are probably about 1/2 as much as needed....
Old 03-21-2010, 08:42 PM   #8
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
yup i read that part.....crazy.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Okay- Think I've unfucked myself.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Silly Scion Driver
this came out of my 06 tc at 16 psi and still building boost when it blew..... it had weisco forged 89mm, bored 20 over with stock rods and stock crank.. 440 cci injectors ( yes i know way to small it was done a year ago and the guy that tuned it put it at 17 psi and said thats safe for a daily driver) now after a year of school and basically learning boost i relized before it even blew that the injectors were way way to small at that boost plus with stock rods... but you live and learn.. buid number 2 and yes i said number 2 i bought the car a year and 4 months ago.. i blew it up the first time only a month after buying it.. and it ran at 17 psi with 440 cci injectors for over a year and thats with doing autocross and street racing once in a while.. i think thats pretty impressive for the conditions its been under.... enough with the talking heres what your waiting for pics....

Old 03-21-2010, 08:54 PM   #10
Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals
Blumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Blumpkinson's Tacoma Gallery
Haha wow that sucks for him
Old 03-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #11
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
wow thats crazy
Old 03-22-2010, 06:52 AM   #13
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
damn.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:07 AM   #14
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
i laugh at performance tuning for the purpose of driving to school.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:44 AM   #15
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I would actually argue more for a good tune in addition to the properly sized fuel system.

Before my tacoma I had a 1997 Honda Accord 2.2 that was turboed. I daily drove it for 3 years (about 50k miles) running 10 PSI on a completely stock motor.

I had appropriately sized injectors 440CC's, with a walbro 255lph fuel pump, and an AEM adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I also had a wideband O2 sensor setup with a digital readout display on my dash to know what my A/F ratios were.

I street tuned the car initally to get a good base tune and stayed out of boost until I got the car tuned on the dyno for a few hours. I had an excellent tuner (Dan @ Batlground engineering for those in Atlanta). We got it to a solid 12:1 AFR in boost and 14:1 in vacum across all RPM ranges. In additon we also tuned the ignition timing curve to prevent detonation.

Some people such as this guy forget to factor in paying a GOOD tuner for a few hours on the dyno to make it safe to drive.

I also agree 17psi is a little high for a scion TC daily driver. There's no need to make that much power for daily driving.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #16
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I was running 19psi in my 08 Wrx and if was just fine my comute to work was 100 miles round trip 5 days a week. If your going to do it you need to do it right.