1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

grrrrr...any suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by bboynowee, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Mar 22, 2010 at 11:14 AM
    bboynowee

bboynowee [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Riverside
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD 4x4 Tacoma OR, 18 4Runner TRD, 18 TRD 4Runner
    Stage 4 Icon, Icon Rebound Wheels, DeMello Hybrid Sliders, Prinsu roof rack
    so I changed the oil, rotors and brakes on my wife's 98 Saturn...2 problems now...:mad:

1. when I turn the steering wheel to the right i hear a clicking noise that seems to come from the left wheel...but its only when turning the wheel to the right..

2. Ive changed the oil hundreds of times but i don't know how the oil plug bolt managed to break, and i was left with the oil plug screw head in my hands and the rest of the screw stuck in the oil pan. so therefore I couldn't change my oil. :mad: now I have to figure out a way on how to get the damn screw out...its freaken flush to the pan! grrrr...

any ideas?:eek:

any ideas?

2. Mar 22, 2010 at 11:19 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    1. Pull your wheel and check the brakes

2. Several options here
    a) pull the pan, center punch the plug from inside the pan, then use a drill bit. It will spin it right out

b) leave the pan attached, center punch the plug, use a left handed drill bit (yes they do exist) and drill the plug. It will turn it out also

c) If neither of the above methods work, finish driiling the hole and use an easy out
    or
    d) trade it in as-is for a Toyota.

3. Mar 22, 2010 at 11:26 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    ^Concur on all. They make replacement plugs for just that kinda thing. The left handed drill bit gig works well....Not that I've done it to several cars before...

4. Mar 22, 2010 at 11:27 AM
    bboynowee

bboynowee [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Riverside
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD 4x4 Tacoma OR, 18 4Runner TRD, 18 TRD 4Runner
    Stage 4 Icon, Icon Rebound Wheels, DeMello Hybrid Sliders, Prinsu roof rack
    i like D option :D

sucks though...don't feel like doing crap to her Saturn...o well...i have to though...

Products Discussed in

To Top