LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Experience with Door handle on F350?

Old 03-26-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Experience with Door handle on F350?

So the exterior door handle broke on the delivery truck where I work, a 2004 F 350. I know you've gotta pop the interior door panel off to get in to work on it, but I've never done that on anything but a '93 Honda Prelude. Is it as simple as just poppin it off, or is there a trick to it to make it easier?
Old 03-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
There's probably a couple screws near the handle and probably the window/doorlock switches. Other than that just pull straight out to pop all the plastic anchors and then straight up to lift the panel clear of the door lock and window track.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea I figured there'd be a screw somehwere holdin it on. I haven't taken a lot of time to check it out yet. I'm plannin to jump on it when I get to work in the mornin. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Open a door and wrap a chain around the hinges. Hook the other end up to the taco and get some momentum. This should solve the door handle problem and make access easier.

I likethe way you think. Problem solved.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:49 AM   #6
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Open a door and wrap a chain around the hinges. Hook the other end up to the taco and get some momentum. This should solve the door handle problem and make access easier.
You might rip the cab off though, since its a Ford and all...
Old 03-27-2010, 07:58 PM   #8
Your mom goes to college

Yessir...got er fixed today. Dealin with customers while tryin to do it it took me about 45 min. If I woudln't have had to deal with customers it would have taken about 20 mins or so. Wasn't hard at all. Thanks for the info on how to do it.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:07 PM   #9
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yeah you could leave the door attached to the chain and then toss it for an anchor when you get unintended acceleration and can't stop the Tacoma
Old 03-28-2010, 05:51 AM   #10
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
Yessir...got er fixed today. Dealin with customers while tryin to do it it took me about 45 min. If I woudln't have had to deal with customers it would have taken about 20 mins or so. Wasn't hard at all. Thanks for the info on how to do it.
Glad to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
Yeah you could leave the door attached to the chain and then toss it for an anchor when you get unintended acceleration and can't stop the Tacoma
Good thinking. One can never be too prepared.