VW Bus 7 16.28%
VW Squareback 3 6.98%
Suzuki Samurai 9 20.93%
82 Toyota pickup 4x4 24 55.81%
Other? 3 6.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Jakes restoration project.

EDIT: on the poll please choose two options

if you vote other please state what you would suggest

So, here's the skinny. Im looking to restore/build a car. i want a project i can work on and have fun with.

the problem is, is figuring out what car to do it on.

i LOVE VW's i.e. Bugs, Busses, Squarebacks.

if i didnt get a VW i would get something i can build for a trail rig. i.e. samurai.... (to be exact.)

problem is, i dont know whether i want a street car/mini truck or a trail beater.

so thats why i have made this thread.
let me show you what i like,

62 VW bug

67 VW Bus

64 VW squareback

suzuki samurai (one of the most capable trucks ive ever seen)

82 Toyota 4x4 (i believe they come with a straight front axle)

or anything else you guys had in mind
Old 03-31-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
all the above!
Old 03-31-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
i already gave my opinion.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:25 PM   #6
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
I'm more into the street car scene than the offroading one, but I agree, building a car is one of the coolest experiences. And that VW wagon looks pretty damn cool.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Do It, it's a load of fun and a good hobby.
exactly why i want to do it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
all the above!
haha i wish!
Old 03-31-2010, 02:27 PM   #8
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Ham View Post
squareback or yota
i loooove squarebacks.... and i looooove yotas lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
i already gave my opinion.
bug?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
I'm more into the street car scene than the offroading one, but I agree, building a car is one of the coolest experiences. And that VW wagon looks pretty damn cool.
i know!
Old 03-31-2010, 02:28 PM   #10
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
How much are you looking to spend?
to buy the car im cheap i really dont want to spend more than 1500.00
but i can go to 2000.00
Old 03-31-2010, 02:29 PM   #12
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
i loooove squarebacks.... and i looooove yotas lol

bug?

i know!
either bug or yota
Old 03-31-2010, 02:31 PM   #13
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
oh and yes an 82 4x4 toyota has SFA, good luck finding that CA paint scheme though.
oh i could care less about the paint scheme that was just an example of the body style i would want
Old 03-31-2010, 02:33 PM   #15
86ceeten has a spectacular aura about86ceeten has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
86ceeten's Tacoma Gallery
I have a hankering for another Samurai myself. I have owned two in the past and they are very capable trail rigs, and pretty cheap to buy, build, and repair.

Also really like the Volksrods that I'm starting to see around.....
Old 03-31-2010, 02:33 PM   #16
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-31-2010, 02:34 PM   #17
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86ceeten View Post
I have a hankering for another Samurai myself. I have owned two in the past and they are very capable trail rigs, and pretty cheap to buy, build, and repair.

Also really like the Volksrods that I'm starting to see around.....
fo shoooo

the only problem is i cant find any around here
Old 03-31-2010, 02:36 PM   #18
86ceeten has a spectacular aura about86ceeten has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
86ceeten's Tacoma Gallery
Bugs are getting hard to find for a decent price but I see Samurais (sp?) all the time for 1500-2000 bucks.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:38 PM   #19
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86ceeten View Post
Bugs are getting hard to find for a decent price but I see Samurais (sp?) all the time for 1500-2000 bucks.
yeah bugs and busses are getting reallllly hard to find.... most of them dont have motors... i want something that runs when i buy it
Old 03-31-2010, 02:41 PM   #20
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
oh and please note.

i dont live in the woods where i can go wheeling all the time lol.

i love on the coast so im thinking of the most practical

or what i would get the most use out of