1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My New Whip

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by Agent475, May 7, 2010.

1. May 7, 2010 at 12:10 PM
    Agent475

Agent475 [OP] "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    Don't worry - I didn't sell the Taco... Just wanted to share my most recent acquisition. Yes, it has the V8.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. May 7, 2010 at 12:21 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    Nice ride. what year or is it new

3. May 7, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    Pretty close to new... 2006 and 17k miles. Garage kept.

4. May 7, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I'm looking at possibly getting a 2012 Mustang Shelby. Dont know yet though. I have been through this already with some of the TW guys.:eek: Great looking ride though!!

5. May 7, 2010 at 12:24 PM
    Jimmyjohn

Jimmyjohn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Big Sky Country Montana
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 DLB CAB
    Smitty Blt Bull Bar& Skid Plate, PIAA 525SMR lights
    Very nice

6. May 7, 2010 at 12:26 PM
    PB65stang

PB65stang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2016 F150 Lariat 4x4
    5100s (2.5" front), OEM Raptor wheels, 315/70/17 BFGs, Undercover, tint, Weathertechs.
    Great looking car, congrats.

I gotta say though...automatic?? :confused:

7. May 7, 2010 at 12:28 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Hell yea..that things sick! I've always had a soft spot for Mustangs!

8. May 7, 2010 at 12:37 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    Bling and auto. :(

9. May 7, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Thanks guys... I love it!

Yea, I dunno if I'd get a Shelby... It's cool and all, but not worth the $ to me.

KBB price for a stock one like this was 23,980... I didn't pay that much and this comes with a set of 20" Foose Rims and Z rated tires, lower and upper grill inserts, color matched interior queues, and a few other things - valued at about $3,450. That makes the value around $27, 430. I talked them down to $21,000 out the door, making for a savings of $6, 430.

That said, I'm not all that worried about it being an auto or not... Although manual would have been more fun.

10. Jun 9, 2010 at 6:57 AM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Ok so just wanted to vent a little... When I bought this whip - I knew that it needed an alignment - and I was pretty busy and wasn't able to get it in the shop till Monday of this week. When I did - I took it to Baker's Auto of Waldorf, MD (which I'd highly recommend for any of you local Taco owners - because Rick is an incredibly honest mechanic and does GREAT work).

Anyway, so Rick took a look at this car and noted that it definitely needed an alignment and possibly a wheel balance. After he drive it - he thought that it might also need bearings or a bearing somewhere in the front of the vehicle. Upon further inspection, he noted that the inside of both front tires were worn to the point that the steel belts were showing on the dunlops sport maxxs (which are $350 each tires).

Now - the car only had 18500 miles on it when I bought it and I was told it passed MD state inspection (which it must have since it was registered). Nonetheless, I've only driven it about 500-1000 miles MAX.

I'm pretty pissed and I'll be taking it back to the dealer to have them rectify the situation... especially since I noted to both the salesman and the finance manager that it needed an alignment. I was told that since they gave me a great deal on the vehicle, they aren't going to do anything more for me.... Which is just bad business in my opinion - but I accepted that at the time because I was tired of being at the dealer after work.

I am also unleashing my redheaded wife on them... They have no clue what is about to hit them.

11. Jun 16, 2010 at 6:18 AM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    UPDATE (if anyone is interested): We are getting a free alignment from the dealer as and they've agreed to purchase one of the two front tires... @ $405.00 each. :) Bam!

12. Jun 16, 2010 at 8:11 AM
    OCTaco

OCTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC
    Vehicle:
    '16 TRD Sport DCSB
    How the hell do you have so much money to spend on cars? You must be single. When I bought my truck my girl flipped, after all the mods she damned near left me. LOL.

13. Jun 16, 2010 at 8:14 AM
    Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    Training Problem...

14. Jun 16, 2010 at 8:18 AM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport

Not single... Just make decent money. I grew up on food stamps and vowed that I'd never rely on someone to feed me.

So... I busted hump in the Marine Corps, got out and got a federal job and actually bust my hump here (which looks great because most people in gov are slow workers)... and even then, I take on a second job as a DJ. As a matter of fact, I even started my own business with it. That being said, I also invest in stocks and rent out 2 rooms in my house (one to a friend, one to my brother). Oh yea, and I have a Amazon.com store too... LOL

So, at the end of the day... I make money in every possible way.

15. Jun 16, 2010 at 8:20 AM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport

LOL - too funny, but I have the same problem with modding my Taco sometimes...

16. Jun 16, 2010 at 8:27 AM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    :rofl:

sweet ride! glad you get everything taken care of.

17. Jun 16, 2010 at 8:37 AM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport

Thx man! Yea, she is a 6ft tall redhead... I was a Marine and she scares me sometimes.

18. Jun 16, 2010 at 8:52 AM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    you are more of a man than i

19. Jun 16, 2010 at 8:52 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Owning multiple vehicles isn't difficult on any decent yearly wage, especially if you buy used.

20. Jun 16, 2010 at 9:59 AM
    OCTaco

OCTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC
    Vehicle:
    '16 TRD Sport DCSB
    Owning + mods= A butt load of money! (IMO)

Products Discussed in

To Top