1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mazdaspeed3

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by Thomas The Train, May 7, 2010.

1. May 7, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    Thomas The Train

Thomas The Train [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    LA
    Vehicle:
    00 Prerunner
    Fenders, 32s, headlights, intake, sound system
    anyone driven or know anyone with one? im interested in buying one but i havent heard of anyone having one yet. i would like to hear opinions about their power/comfort/mpg/reliability/buying experience or just anything really. :cool:

2. May 7, 2010 at 9:01 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    there pretty good cars...theyre pretty quick haven't heard of too many problems...don't know the guy too well tho...

3. May 12, 2010 at 1:35 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    i had one. bought it brandspanking new. it was fast has hell..FAST!! i got a speeding ticket right away. here is my take. i got the sport model, so no nav system, cloth seats. we got the fast part down right.

torque steer big time. with all that power, the car pulled to side when you got on it. gas mileage was pathetic. i got about 20mpg..21 if i babied it. the car sounded great. honestly i think the regular 3 is easier to drive fast. turbo didnt lag all that much. my friend's GTI was a better handling car. there was alot of problems with the motor mounts breaking. mine never did. the stereo sucked, and i had to get mine replaced thru a TSB. the rear truck area was a joke. you couldnt put anything back there except groceries. it was just lined with a piece of carpeted cardboard. any tool bag would bend it. oh, the suspension was wierd. if you drove fast on undulating roads, the car felt like it hung on the upswing too long. people got aftermarket springs to fix this.

i ended up selling it..taking a $$ bath on it, and buying my tacoma used. i hunt and camp all the time. i needed a truck. i was stupid buying the MS3.

4. May 12, 2010 at 2:33 PM
    Bretsuaz48

Bretsuaz48 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Surprise, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sport
    Had a Mazdaspeed Miata many years ago. It was fast. I can attest for the motor mount problems, though. We also had an 2006 3 that went through motor mounts. Luckily they were under warranty.

Products Discussed in

To Top