Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Mazdaspeed3

Old 05-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
Thomas The Train is on a distinguished road

Name: Thomas
Thomas The Train's Tacoma Gallery
Mazdaspeed3

anyone driven or know anyone with one? im interested in buying one but i havent heard of anyone having one yet. i would like to hear opinions about their power/comfort/mpg/reliability/buying experience or just anything really.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i had one. bought it brandspanking new. it was fast has hell..FAST!! i got a speeding ticket right away. here is my take. i got the sport model, so no nav system, cloth seats. we got the fast part down right.

torque steer big time. with all that power, the car pulled to side when you got on it. gas mileage was pathetic. i got about 20mpg..21 if i babied it. the car sounded great. honestly i think the regular 3 is easier to drive fast. turbo didnt lag all that much. my friend's GTI was a better handling car. there was alot of problems with the motor mounts breaking. mine never did. the stereo sucked, and i had to get mine replaced thru a TSB. the rear truck area was a joke. you couldnt put anything back there except groceries. it was just lined with a piece of carpeted cardboard. any tool bag would bend it. oh, the suspension was wierd. if you drove fast on undulating roads, the car felt like it hung on the upswing too long. people got aftermarket springs to fix this.

i ended up selling it..taking a $$ bath on it, and buying my tacoma used. i hunt and camp all the time. i needed a truck. i was stupid buying the MS3.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
Bretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bret
Bretsuaz48's Tacoma Gallery
Had a Mazdaspeed Miata many years ago. It was fast. I can attest for the motor mount problems, though. We also had an 2006 3 that went through motor mounts. Luckily they were under warranty.