Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Anyone own an old VW?

Old 05-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #1
Bretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bret
Bretsuaz48's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone own an old VW?

I have wanted an old classic car for a long time. Don't really want anything too expensive sitting around, and have always liked the old bugs. What do you think of this one?

I usually have an extra play car of some sort around. Currently, I have this. Its a 1971 M35A2. I would get rid of this for the bug. Not sure I really want to get rid of it though.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you keep that haha.. I've had a newer vdub that I used to autocross, they def fun cars. I got rid of it to help pay for the taco. Once I save up I'm gonna get another vdub project car.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:47 AM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i love the old air cooled vdubs. do it.they are cheap,parts are cheap. you can enjoy it and not worry too much about it like a 66 vette or a 67 camaro/chevelle
Old 05-12-2010, 08:57 AM   #4
Bretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappes03 View Post
Why would you keep that haha.. I've had a newer vdub that I used to autocross, they def fun cars. I got rid of it to help pay for the taco. Once I save up I'm gonna get another vdub project car.
The Deuce is fun, cheap and gets alot of attention. Plus, has alot of history. This one spent some time in Desert Storm.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:05 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
i love the old air cooled vdubs. do it.they are cheap,parts are cheap. you can enjoy it and not worry too much about it like a 66 vette or a 67 camaro/chevelle
Yeah, I don't know much about the bugs, but I know they are easy to work on and there are alot of parts available. I couldn't believe how cheap a new engine was for one of these!

They are asking $5,900.00 for this one.

My only concern is overheating being that it is air cooled. But it would probably just sit during the hot summers anyway.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #6
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 73 super bug and it was one of the most fun cars I have owned!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:08 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
My buddy has 3 VWs at his house. One is a 67 baja bug, another is some kind of roadster that we call Mr. Toad and he has a body sitting in the back that his dad is going to turn into a race car. I'm thinking about getting a baja bug myself.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #8
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
sorto of...i LOVE AIR COOLED! i did a track day in 100 degree weather. it got hot, but never even close to overheating. i did add an oil cooler from a more modern car to assist.

i would love an older bug. but for now, this is it. 1981 911SC.
the motor comes out the same way (as a bug)!
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone own an old VW?-laguna1-001.jpg   Anyone own an old VW?-work4-027.jpg