Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Monster Ford Ranger ...(monster retarded)...

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Monster Ford Ranger ...(monster retarded)...

This thing is probably the dumbest and at the same time most genius truck I've ever seen. I thought the "F50" was a nice touch...

One thing I found odd was he didnt have any coil overs on the front end. I would think his shocks would be shot the first time he took it off road.

Im sure his engine isnt having a fun time. While it looks like the 4.0L, its Fords old pushrod and, on paper, makes just a bit more torque than Toyota's 3.4L and even less HP.
Attached Thumbnails
Monster Ford Ranger ...(monster retarded)...-0602101003a.jpg   Monster Ford Ranger ...(monster retarded)...-0602101004a.jpg   Monster Ford Ranger ...(monster retarded)...-0602101004b.jpg  

Old 06-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
he made the truck to look like his wifes f250 . a buddy did some work on it

Old 06-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
James3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
James3492's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to James3492 Send a message via Skype™ to James3492
Bahahhahahahaahhahahahah wannanaaa beeeeee

Old 06-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
wow.................speechless.................

Old 06-02-2010, 03:53 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
1st gen section?

Old 06-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #8
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
thread about it from a ranger forum....

http://www.ranger-forums.com/f69/dua...en-trs-106924/

AND the guy's description of it....

father/son project made as a mini me to wifes f-350. 4 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift. one off wheel adaptors to 16inch dually rims with 35" 12.50 fun countrys. took side fenders from step side and put them on the fleet side bed. turned out better then expected. ladder rack custom cut down and welded to fit. all big truck lights installed. bumpers tow hooks trailer hitch cut welded to fit. side steps extended down by adding 2 inch metal extensions in the ford brackets. truck has 4.10 gears automatic trans 4.0 motor and every option from leather to power mirrors. it rides great no shimmy or pull. not a harsh ride and descent MPG very happy with it and thought everyone might be interested.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #9
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
I like his rack but thats about it.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #10
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer my cousin's Ranger...

Old 06-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #12
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
I prefer my cousin's Ranger...

how many times are you going to post this picture??

Old 06-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #13
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
OH NAVY you guys make me wonder sometimes...

Old 06-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #14
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Cant go wrong with a straight front axle
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
how many times are you going to post this picture??
Oh I've got a million others. That one is just one of my favs. SHows some decent flex IMO. And because this thread has the topic of Ford Rangers, I felt like posting it. Here's another, just for the hell of it.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #15
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp192 View Post
OH NAVY you guys make me wonder sometimes...
that and all the other branches also. they all have some weird ones

Old 06-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #16
Riceman is a jewel in the roughRiceman is a jewel in the roughRiceman is a jewel in the roughRiceman is a jewel in the rough
Riceman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
While it looks like the 4.0L, its Fords old pushrod and, on paper, makes just a bit more torque than Toyota's 3.4L and even less HP.
Since its an 08, its actually the newer SOHC 4.0. On paper it makes 207hp and 238ft/lb. The old pushrod 4.0 ended in 2000. It is still an outdated motor though... Its been in production since 97.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #17
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
That is effing awesome! I kinda want one.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:28 PM   #19
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceman View Post
Since its an 08, its actually the newer SOHC 4.0. On paper it makes 207hp and 238ft/lb. The old pushrod 4.0 ended in 2000. It is still an outdated motor though... Its been in production since 97.
I think you have that mixed up with the Ford 4.2L offered in the older F150's. No matter, though, it is what it is.

Its def a great piece of work. Just useless IMO. You're not gonna be towing anything that requires a dualy. and I dont see that thing going off road anytime soon.

Closed Thread