Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

GT-R or 370Z Nismo?

Old 06-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #1
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
GT-R or 370Z Nismo?

So my wife an I have been waiting for a pearl white GT-R to show up for 2011, we missed out on the first order and it showed up the other day in gun metal gray. The limited production is going to put a 6 month additional wait for the color we want to be built and shipped. I am stuck between taking delivery on a pearl white 370Z Nismo edition or waiting 6 more months for a GT-R!!! If I take the Nismo it will arrive in the states in 8 days.....is it worth the wait?
2011 GT-R

2011 GT-R

2010 370Z Nismo edition

^Random photo, the one on the way will be identical
Old 06-03-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Gt-r ftmfw!!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:04 PM   #4
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Gt-r.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:07 PM   #7
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
I hate you!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:08 PM   #8
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Gt-r
Old 06-03-2010, 11:11 PM   #9
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
Gt-r !
Old 06-03-2010, 11:13 PM   #10
bryant8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryant8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryant8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryant8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryant8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryant8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryant8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryant8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryant8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryant8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryant8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bryant8's Tacoma Gallery
No question... GTR
Old 06-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #12
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
this has to quite possibly be the dumbest comparison ever.

dont be dumb.

gtr.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:20 PM   #13
KingRama4 is on a distinguished road
KingRama4's Tacoma Gallery
neither! another tacoma! metallic gray ftw!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:20 PM   #14
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Damn...I knew I was going to get this response! My wife is the one who wants the GT-R, I am leaning towards the 370 because it is half the price. The interior of the GT-R was not impressive...and it seems like owning one is over the top for me. Again, it is going to be my wifes car and she is buying it, so it really doesn't matter to me cause I will still be driving my truck to work everyday.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:20 PM   #15
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
gt-r man! i have seen only one of those cars in person. 350's are pretty common in my area. im sooo jealous
Old 06-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #16
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRama4 View Post
neither! another tacoma! metallic gray ftw!

"Ok a porsche or a ferrari....neither! get a ford fusion!"
Old 06-03-2010, 11:41 PM   #17
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
The GT-R is a lot of car...... not saying your wife cant handle it or anything, but the first question i would have is........ will she use it to its full potential? would she be happy with the power of the 370?

Being a car nut, if i could afford it, it would be a no brainer GT-R all the way..... but if it were for MY wife (who would never push it to the limit), then i would go with the 370........ even if she liked the look of the GT-R more....... I wouldnt be able to justify paying $30-40K more for a car when the only difference to her would be looks.

good luck with the choice though. Both are nice.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:41 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
this has to quite possibly be the dumbest comparison ever.

dont be dumb.

gtr.
You see the GT-R as supreme but put this in to perspective...How much money is being spent for the numbers??? Horsepower, maintenance, resale,..... I could go right down the middle with both cars!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDguyKC View Post
The GT-R is a lot of car...... not saying your wife cant handle it or anything, but the first question i would have is........ will she use it to its full potential? would she be happy with the power of the 370?

Being a car nut, if i could afford it, it would be a no brainer GT-R all the way..... but if it were for MY wife (who would never push it to the limit), then i would go with the 370........ even if she liked the look of the GT-R more....... I wouldnt be able to justify paying $30-40K more for a car when the only difference to her would be looks.

good luck with the choice though. Both are nice.
EXACTLY!!! thank you!!! Thats what im talking about!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:43 PM   #19
1WhiteTaco has a spectacular aura about1WhiteTaco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Alex
1WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Dude GTRs are wayyyyyyy better the the 370z I would wait for it, itll be worth it. Actually I think what your should do is get the GTR and trade my taco for it.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:45 PM   #20
1WhiteTaco has a spectacular aura about1WhiteTaco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Alex
1WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Oh shit, if its for your wife then that changes everything. Get the camry for her. Talking about using the GTR's full potential, will she us the 370's full potential as well?