Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Grudge Match-Honda vs. Toyota......

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Grudge Match-Honda vs. Toyota......

My wife always said her car ( 2006 Honda Accord V6) was Quicker off the line than my Tacoma. I disagreed as to all the wheels spin that car gets off the line. Well, She was coming home from shopping, I was comming home from Fuelling up. AS luck would have it, we caught each other at a red light at a freeway on ramp. She reves her motor at me and smiles. Im nervouse. Light turns green and I punch it. I get a few feet of wheel spin and I pull ahead! I stoked! At 30 mph Im one length ahead! Im feeling good about the Taco! Then, at about 45 mph. I see this blur pass me. It was her. That car is fricken fast for being stock! She has been saying "HA HA" to me all morning!

Just had to get it off my chest. Can I make any excuses?

Old 06-01-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Good thing that Honda's in the same family

Old 06-01-2008, 09:33 AM   #3
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
LOL... Your truck has deffinately more torque than an accord. But the high end on those cars especially w/the V-Tech out does our trucks.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #4
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
traction control! it kept her from take'n you on the line. the accord had a 3.5 liter 265 (I think) horse motor!

Old 06-01-2008, 09:42 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
yep......our trucks(v6 of course) are fast.....but the honda weighs alot less, and with the vtec.......its just plain hauls ass. my wifes accord isnt fast off the line(4cyl), but the rpms climb pretty quick, so it ends up being pretty fast when you get into the throttle above 50..........its nothing for that car to get up to 90 very quickly. good on gas too

Old 06-01-2008, 09:50 AM   #6
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
STATS: 2006 Accord V6-3358lbs, 244HP/211ftLbs...........2007 Tacoma V6-4100lbs, 245hp/282ftLbs. Plus Chris added a little poop to his motor I think. Then we haven't even gotten into gear ratios yet

Old 06-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #7
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
your right, the 2006 altima SE-R had 260 and the SE had 240..... I just remember when I bought my altima they (accord/altima) had about the same HP. Sometimes I miss the train, not all the time just sometimes

EDIT: Added about

Old 06-01-2008, 10:45 AM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, That little Honda screams! Redline is around 6500 rpm, or something like that. I dont drive it much as its HER car ( though I bought it ), but I got on it one time to pass a truck on my way to CA. and I started the pass at 65 mph, and by the time I was a couple of cars ahead of him and clear to get over, I was passing 105 mph. My wife said she hit the speed limiter (130 I think) on her last trip to Ca. Thing sounds like an F1 car when its near the redline.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:06 AM   #9
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
There is a new rule around here...we are shutting down street racing threads.

I suggest you go to the track to settle your grudge matches.

Closed Thread