Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Why a pickup truck?

View Poll Results: Why did you decide on a truck?
Looks 60 7.96%
Ride height 37 4.91%
Offroad ability 133 17.64%
Need to haul stuff in bed 377 50.00%
Towing capacity 27 3.58%
Other - State in the comments 93 12.33%
I'm too fat for a car. 27 3.58%
Voters: 754. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2008, 09:33 AM   #21
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Need to haul stuff, mainly ass.

I go to college in Erie, PA. Erie means lots of snow, so I wanted something with either AWD or 4WD. The only other vehicle I was considering before I got my truck was an Impreza. I have a feeling trucks are more useful in a college environment, so I got the tacoma.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:41 AM   #22
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
There needs to be a "Yes" or "All of the Above" option...

...since there isn't, I put the one I needed the most. I haul garden/yard stuff, furniture, wet dogs, car parts, boxes, lumber, cinder-blocks, and my bikes in the back of my truck.

I also needed the drive height for high water, the towing capacity, the off-road ability for minor off-roading, and to haul my fat ass around. So the "all of the Above" option is applicable to me.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:59 AM   #23
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
There needs to be a "Yes" or "All of the Above" option...

...since there isn't, I put the one I needed the most.
that was actually the point. I wanted people to pick out the number 1 reason.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #24
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
all of the above....except for that fat part

mainly though the offroad/go just about anywhere capability
Old 06-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #25
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I was always a truck/SUV guy, but as said earlier, a homeowner needs to haul lots of stuff, I am no exception. The five foot box is just fine for me, sometimes you just have to be creative.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:01 AM   #26
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Had a 14' alu.boat.Last truck could handle it w/2.5L.Sold the boat,got a 500cc quad 4x4 & enclosed trailer.About 1500lbs.750$$ for one blown head gasket later. The rest is history.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:51 AM   #27
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I am using the bed of my truck all the time now. This is me yesterday...

Old 06-05-2008, 08:05 AM   #28
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Nowadays you invariably find yourself needing to haul something. Truthfully if you're running a household with some sort o yard a truck is a staple tool. On the personal side, I'm a big guy and the only cars that I feel confident in I wouldn't want to blow the big dollars on like a Caddy DTS (My fav) or a Crown Vic (wannabe cop) or a flagship Mercedes or BMW. The Tacoma has just the right substance for confidence onroad and it'll work for you too.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:37 AM   #29
bblake00 is on a distinguished road

bblake00's Tacoma Gallery
Easier to take the dead hookers to my dump site.

That and I've always liked trucks over cars. Unsure why just do.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:42 AM   #30
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
I live on a farm.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:50 AM   #31
wbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 46210 munitions system spec. F-4 phantom
wbhvacer's Tacoma Gallery
(theres something women like about a pickup man)
Old 06-06-2008, 10:08 AM   #32
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbhvacer View Post
(theres something women like about a pickup man)
yeah especially dead hookers
Old 06-06-2008, 10:36 AM   #34
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
I use my truck to haul things in the bed, I like driving up high, and I take her of the beaten path every so often. And once I get my house I'll have some toys that will need hauling. Its just too versatile for me to pick any one thing. I love fast cars, don't get me wrong, but what I needed first was a good reliable truck, the fast car will follow...probably in the form of an ariel atom =) for my weekend speed fix.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:52 AM   #35
I dub thee malicious!

I will satisfy my need for something sporty and economical when I have money to do so. For now, I need something "to get the job done". Hence the Tacoma.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:30 AM   #36
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Habit, I'm on my 5th pickup. I keep them a long time.

Utility, the occasional need to haul something bigger or heavier than car trunk capacity.

Towing, I pull a trailer.

Hunting, 4X4 and a bed for game. Gets a little smelly hauling wet dogs and deer in the back of a Suburban.

Ride height, looks, toughness in an accident, versatility.

I live in TX. As Donny Baker says it's a state law.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:27 AM   #37
lawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nice

lawnrevenge's Tacoma Gallery
hauling stuff, off road ability (my 4x2 does what I need), better mpg than my last car, camping, mountain biking and driving out to the shooting range are all much easier with a truck. Especially since my last car had no ground clearance and the trunk could not hold a long gun case.
Also fun to back up to a lake to go fishing and have everything right there in the bed, not wedged into the car that's 50 yards away cause it didn't make it down the access road.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #38
NoN Affiliated RedNeck Rebel
kingfishndude is on a distinguished road

kingfishndude's Tacoma Gallery
reliability and hound dogs need I say more
Old 06-08-2008, 09:49 AM   #39
Western Alliance: Yeehaw Division
Clelsdah is on a distinguished road

Clelsdah's Tacoma Gallery
"almost all the above"... Is there enough gravitaionally challenged individuals in Tacomas for that to be there??? I always see the largest people getting out of the smallest cars. How 'bout "Cuz I can" for a choice!
Old 06-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #40
trd4us is on a distinguished road
trd4us's Tacoma Gallery
good for hunting and fishing. and the tacoma is just bad ass.