Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Why a pickup truck?

View Poll Results: Why did you decide on a truck?
Looks 60 7.96%
Ride height 37 4.91%
Offroad ability 133 17.64%
Need to haul stuff in bed 377 50.00%
Towing capacity 27 3.58%
Other - State in the comments 93 12.33%
I'm too fat for a car. 27 3.58%
Voters: 754. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #41
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
I always wanted a Truck but I also wanted cars, I just figured i could rent a truck if I need one....after my accident I finaly just said screw it and got my taco! The double cab fits kids, gas mileage aint bad, and it looks good.

LMAO.....too fat for a car....
Old 06-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #42
lawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nice

lawnrevenge's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I always see the largest people getting out of the smallest cars.
That reminds me of a Simpsons episode
Old 06-08-2008, 02:39 PM   #43
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
not MY cup-o-tea
Old 06-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #44
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I work in construction, site development/engineering. I need something that can go off road daily, tow my boat, haul fertalizer in the bed, carry tools, etc. I havent found a car that can do that. And if I take my wifes car to work, it better be just for a meeting.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #45
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
not MY cup-o-tea
That looks just like one of my buddies!
Old 11-12-2008, 06:29 AM   #46
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
I put other because I really wanted to put "All of the above".
Old 11-12-2008, 06:39 AM   #47
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
all the above works for me too, but mainly I'm just a truck guy, period. I have owned 4 vehicles, 3 of which have been trucks. 94 Ranger, 98 Ranger, 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 05 Tacoma. When I got the Jeep i was happy with it for a week and then pissed because it wasnt a truck. My DC LB does everything you could need to do with a vehicle, It would take alot for me not to drive a Tacoma after owning this one.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:45 AM   #48
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Durability.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:56 AM   #49
Just playin' on the runways
MT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of light

Army: SPC(CA), Installation Support Command JFTB Los Alamitos, California State Military Reserve
Name: Clint
MT_mudflaps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Trucks are so much more versitile.
like wise
Old 11-12-2008, 08:16 AM   #50
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Here's another option: "I'm just a truck guy/gal"
Old 11-12-2008, 08:21 AM   #51
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Were i am from guys drive trucks!! Lol
Old 11-12-2008, 10:34 AM   #52
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
I was so tired of having to borrow trucks from my friends and relatives to haul shit. That is the reason I switched to a truck.

But......I specifically went for the Tacoma mainly for looks and power (faster then the frontier with 30 less horses). Not to mention reliability of Toyotas and it's not a freakin' behemoth of a truck.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:42 AM   #53
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd SFG(A)
c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to c0b2a
versatility! It has it all. I can off road, I can tow stuff, I can hall tons of equipment, the double cab I can fit the whole family comfortably. The Tacoma does it all.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #54
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
I got mine for Looks, Offroad ability, hauling, AND towing
Old 11-12-2008, 11:35 AM   #55
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
A combination of reasons...
I love to go bird hunting.....a car won't take the roads I need to travel
I need to haul stuff once in a while
I need to tow ATV's & my jet ski

AND BECAUSE I'M A GUY & REAL MEN DRIVE TRUCKS!
Old 11-12-2008, 12:51 PM   #56
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
well i got a truck for several reasons.
i haul some crap in the bed sometimes. not enough to get a full size truck
i like the height. i can see over the road very well.
the safety is superb
i dont tow because i only have the reg cab 4 cyl 4x2. but i could probly handle a small bass boat or something.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:47 PM   #57
INAKOMA08
InaKoma08 will become famous soon enoughInaKoma08 will become famous soon enough

InaKoma08's Tacoma Gallery
I had two cars before I got my Tacoma. The first was a 2000 Civic Si, and after that I got a 2006 Subaru WRX (check out my pics). The civic was kinda old and I wanted something newer so I got the Subaru. After dumping way too much money into it my 2nd gear broke. It was fixed under warranty, but shortly after that something else weird happened with the tranny ( kept getting stuck in reverse ) but come to find out it was the tech's fault for not replacing/putting back a small ball and spring in the back of the transmission. I didnt want to fool with it anymore or be stranded again. So i decided it was time to grow up anyways and get out of the Tuner scene. It only got me into trouble anyways. I'm still addicted to modifying though. Sorry for the life story
Old 11-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #58
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
All of the above except the too fat for a car part.

Besides anything except a truck is a bitch mobile.

Murph
Old 11-14-2008, 03:11 PM   #59
Runs with Scissors
Radelix has a spectacular aura aboutRadelix has a spectacular aura about

Radelix's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Radelix
Well lets see
hauling
towing
only 2 seats so I dont have to drive evryone
Good suspension for driving the shitty roads
I like trucks

Why Toyota?

one of the few companies where I can get all the nice shit in the cab and still have a stick. the big 3 have lost my business due to that alone