Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Why a pickup truck?

View Poll Results: Why did you decide on a truck?
Looks 60 7.96%
Ride height 37 4.91%
Offroad ability 133 17.64%
Need to haul stuff in bed 377 50.00%
Towing capacity 27 3.58%
Other - State in the comments 93 12.33%
I'm too fat for a car. 27 3.58%
Voters: 754. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Why a pickup truck?

Why did you choose a pickup truck over a sedan (or other non truck vehicle)?

For me, I needed to do some hauling of large items and I've always had a fetish for Tacomas.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:37 PM   #2
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Trucks are so much more versitile. Also I'm a big guy so I don't fit too well in cars. And Taco's are just so damn cool.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i voted other.....how bout all the above, then some!!!! towing my boat, various golf cart trailers once in a while........carrying fishing/hunting gear/ hauling fire wood/ dead deer, place to mount my tool box and store most of my tools....etc.,etc.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Off Road Ability, Ride Height, Looks, Versatility, reliability, hauling stuff in the bed and maybe one day towing.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #5
BLOCKADE will become famous soon enoughBLOCKADE will become famous soon enough
BLOCKADE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawg25 View Post
Trucks are so much more versitile. Also I'm a big guy so I don't fit too well in cars. And Taco's are just so damn cool.
+1
Old 06-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #6
Wrath of the runbird
Bakemono is on a distinguished road

Bakemono's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Bakemono
Being able to haul stuff in the bed. I heat my home almost exclusively with a wood-burning stove, so a lot of my time in the summer months is spent cutting, splitting, hauling and stacking firewood.
Also, I use my truck for hauling my snowmobile from southern Wisconsin to northern Wisconsin during the winter months.
Id actually really like to make the move to a Camry or Corolla; but for me its just not a practical vehicle. I drive a truck because I need a truck, not because I think it makes me look cool.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:14 PM   #7
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
ive always been a "truck" type guy, had an SUV a few times and it didnt work for me.
i have to haul things occasionally... for me or others so in a way it suppliments my income
Old 06-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #8
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, haulin' and towin' would be my drivin' reason (pun intended).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i voted other.....how bout all the above, then some!!!! towing my boat, various golf cart trailers once in a while........carrying fishing/hunting gear/ hauling fire wood/ dead deer, place to mount my tool box and store most of my tools....etc.,etc.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:24 PM   #9
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
My dad always had a truck, I learnt to drive in a truck and my business requires a truck. I guess trucks are just a part of my life, tried the sports car thing and it didn't work for me (crouching down to get in, lifting yourself out, cramped interior and you can't park on the sidewalk).
Old 06-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #10
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I went 10 years wanting not just a truck, but a Tacoma specifically. I always thought they were the coolest trucks. By the time I finally got my Tacoma, I had also become a homeowner. With all the things that come with owning a home, a Tacoma became a practical decision.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:41 AM   #11
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I always wanted one. I did the sedan thing for too many years.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:50 AM   #12
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
I dont haul very often, but when i do its a lot of construction materials, believe me it hurts when you put 3 cement bags (110lbs each) in your sedans trunk....
Old 06-04-2008, 02:33 AM   #13
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
pretty much all the above. love the look, ride height, and off-road ability. i use mine for work and to haul our quads around too. I'm just not the car type either, dont like having to worry about being able to haul stuff or driving in the winter like i would with a car.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:22 AM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i voted other because the first 4 fit my reasons

i like the look, the fact i dont have to fall into or climb up out of, and the fact that i can drive wherever i want
Old 06-04-2008, 04:36 AM   #15
Northern Alliance: padawan
RoadKill is on a distinguished road

RoadKill's Tacoma Gallery
I vote for all of the above also, got my first truck when I was 22 (little red truck, dodge 360) had fords, gm, jeep, my last two where tacomas and are the ones I enjoyed most especialy for off road ability. I go fishing where other truck owners have to bring ATVs to get there
Old 06-04-2008, 05:32 AM   #16
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i voted other.....how bout all the above, then some!!!!

ditto
I have many reasons check all that apply!
Old 06-04-2008, 06:01 AM   #17
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Need to haul stuff that and I have owned a truck for the last 8 years.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:53 AM   #18
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
All of the above pretty much--except for the towing; I don't need to tow anything regularly, but it comes in handy at times. Oh and except for the too fat for a car one too....
Old 06-04-2008, 08:45 AM   #19
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
i want to be able to tow and off road
Old 06-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #20
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
The reason we bought our first truck (tacoma) was to drive to our favorite fishing spot. We needed 4WD to get there. We got tired of walking 1/2 mile each way to get there.

Since owning it - we've used it to haul lot of stuff. I absolutely LOVE having it for mulching. Load up the truck with mulch and drive the truck around the yard while you shovel it directly off the back. Makes mulching your yard a quick & easy ordeal. We'll always have a truck in the family. Once you have one - you'll never go back.

And of course - after we bought it, got hooked up with TTORA and wheeled the crap outta it for 3 years.