1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bruised. :(

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by Wolfman, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Jun 25, 2010 at 2:46 PM
    Wolfman

Wolfman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Paradise, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5
    On my way to work today, I had to make a few stops on the way in. On the last one, as I was leaving, a guy in a Ford Exploder backed out of his spot without looking and hit my truck on the driver's side front corner. Damage is light, but it is something that I do not have the time to deal with right now, that now must be dealt with right away as I have no idea how much longer I'll be living here. :mad:

IMAG00131_cb92ebc301d7c246ca53fa5146f0cd8a68473f18.jpg

The Exploder got it worse. Since I don't have any way to blur the plate, I will have to refrain from posting his for now. At least the guy had insurance, and owned up to being at fault. His agent was literally a few blocks away, so the claims process has already been started.

2. Jun 25, 2010 at 2:48 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

06BLUEDBLSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra DC SR5 4x4 5.7L
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    That sucks man, doesnt look to bad though

3. Jun 25, 2010 at 2:49 PM
    OCTaco

OCTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC
    Vehicle:
    '16 TRD Sport DCSB
    Sorry bro, I hope he had insurance.

4. Jun 25, 2010 at 2:49 PM
    ::childstoy::

::childstoy:: Hi-Tech Rednek

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southeast, PA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2010 TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, Tint, Stubby Ant., Debadged, Weathertech Mats, Grillcraft... Currently collecting donations for a New Tires Fund.
    Sounds like someone needs to get their ass whooped!:annoyed:

5. Jun 25, 2010 at 2:50 PM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    Bummer. Looks like he hit your tire as well. Any damage to the rim?

6. Jun 25, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    Wolfman

Member:
    Paradise, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5
    No damage to the rim. He did kiss the tire, but hit was high and low speed. Yes OCTaco, he had insurance, and we drove straight to his agent, so the claims process has already been started. His tail light exploded, and his bumper was pushed in about a quarter inch from where it used to be.

Childstoy, I was pretty pissed off obviously, but the guy was civil, took immediate responsibility for his mistake, and owned up to the agent that he was at fault. We shook hands and left on good terms when we were done with getting the claim started. I'm more mad that this will be the third new vehicle out of four that will have had accident damage repaired on it in the first year of ownership.

7. Jun 25, 2010 at 2:59 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Hey at least this guy owned up to it. Most people these days would try anything to blame the other driver.:mad: Just lets you know that yes, there still are a handful of good people in this world.:eek:

8. Jul 12, 2010 at 4:59 PM
    Wolfman

Member:
    Paradise, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5
    I got the truck back last Saturday. The body shop did a good job on the repairs, but I can still see the difference in the paint when the light hits it right. The final tally for the bump came in at $1725. They had quite a few little delays while the truck was in for repairs. Oh well, better a bit more wait instead of a shoddy repair job.

The bill included a new bumper sub assembly, fender, flairs, bits and pieces underneath the sheet metal, and all kinds of other charges that I think are charged simply for the purpose of driving the cost of the repairs up.

It feels good to be back in a truck, instead of dragging my ass on the pavement in a Nissan Altima rental. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top