1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Willow Springs Track Day. Spec Miata

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by DirtyTacos, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Jun 26, 2011 at 11:18 PM
    DirtyTacos

DirtyTacos [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dino
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4
    This is one lap of me at Willow Springs in a spec Miata. Does anyone else do track days or have a fun car they like to drive?
    Anyway....Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/-Fibua9vZtc

2. Jun 27, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    Spitz Stang

Spitz Stang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD OR 4x4
    OME 885 / Dakar,5100's, 265/65-16
    Cool video. I've been looking at Miatas lately to use for autocross/track days. Are you running the stock engine? Do you usually pass S2Ks and 350s or were the drivers not very good?

Have you seen any V8 Miatas out on the track? 2400 lbs and 300 RWHP seems like something I NEED! Unfortunately my bank account disagrees. :cool:

3. Jun 27, 2011 at 3:42 PM
    DirtyTacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Dino
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4
    I would highly recommend a miata for what you want to do. They are so forgiving, you can through them into a corner too quick and correct yourself without any problem. I find myself passing S2000, but not nearly as much as 350's. I have never seen a V8 miata, in my opinion a V8 in that car would defeat the purpose. A modded I4 is all you need. Keep me updated on your search for a car.
    Thanks!

4. Jun 30, 2011 at 10:11 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    cant see the vid :(

is that streets of willow, or the big track? i've done the streets and that is flat out a blast!!

i drove down there with my r-compounds in the car, and drove back. it was nerveracking thinking of my car breaking down. it is almost 30 years old!!

5. Jun 30, 2011 at 2:31 PM
    DirtyTacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Dino
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4
    Its at streets of willow. Ya it was my first track day, and man that shit was fun. My dad races professionally so i got lucky and was able to borrow this miata for the day. All i can say is that i have been bitten by the racing bug, Its all i want to do. What car did you drive on the track?

Heres the link to the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fibua9vZtc

6. Jun 30, 2011 at 5:57 PM
    aficianado

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    back to bone stock.
    pretty cool!!

i havent track in awhile. couple of years. wife got laid off, and i could only afford one hobby. i chose bowhunting. i put my car back into street car config.

here it is: 1981 911sc. i love it. only car that i would drive to the track, thrash it, and drive home.

streets of willow. i remember (it's been several years) a big sweeping left, and then you come down the hill..and then a big SAFE left, with a parking lot like pad in case you spin out..insane.

the big track? man that big full throttle right turn, right next to streets of willow. turn #?..is even more insane. i need to get down there again.

IMG_2930.jpg

7. Jun 30, 2011 at 5:57 PM
    aficianado

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    back to bone stock.
    pretty cool!!

i havent tracked in awhile. couple of years. wife got laid off, and i could only afford one hobby. i chose bowhunting. i put my car back into street car config.

here it is: 1981 911sc. i love it. only car that i would drive to the track, thrash it, and drive home.

streets of willow. i remember (it's been several years) a big sweeping left, and then you come down the hill..and then a big SAFE left, with a parking lot like pad in case you spin out..insane.

the big track? man that big full throttle right turn, right next to streets of willow. turn #?..is even more insane. i need to get down there again.

8. Jul 1, 2011 at 3:42 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    rajah. i wish we had a track down here. bahh stupid state.

9. Jul 5, 2011 at 11:33 AM
    DirtyTacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Dino
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4

Ya its a pretty hair-ball track haha. On the big track its turn 9 in which everyone spins out. Its a long sweeping right hander then it tightens and catches people off guard. Ya definitely, there is a track day at the end of this month that i will be going to, and several others in the coming months. So is you find the time you should cruz out.

P.S. i love that porsche, they are my favorite cars, they are true drivers cars unlike a lambo or ferrari in which are sunday cars.

Products Discussed in

To Top